Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Manually Setting Time on R7000

jeamorgan
Aspirant

Manually Setting Time on R7000

I recently changed ISPs and now my router time keeps getting reset to a date/time that is years off.  I have done some reading on this and it sounds like my new ISP does not support NTP(?) or whatever it needs to be able to set the time.  I am looking for a way to set the time manually.  I am using the router time to set a schedule for my kid's internet access so if I can't do this, I'm off to buy another router that will support this.  Thanks.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
netwrks
Master

Re: Manually Setting Time on R7000

Not in stock software... But.. What ISP modem are you using? Is it a modem only, or a router / modem combo? If it's a combo, bridge it, and see if that fixes your problem..

EDIT: Not sure what version of firmware you are running, but this version fixes an NTP issue: https://kb.netgear.com/30955/R7000-Firmware-Version-1-0-7-2

When you upgrade the router's firmware, reset the router to factory default and reconfigure..

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
netwrks
Master

Not in stock software... But.. What ISP modem are you using? Is it a modem only, or a router / modem combo? If it's a combo, bridge it, and see if that fixes your problem..

EDIT: Not sure what version of firmware you are running, but this version fixes an NTP issue: https://kb.netgear.com/30955/R7000-Firmware-Version-1-0-7-2

When you upgrade the router's firmware, reset the router to factory default and reconfigure..

Message 2 of 4
jeamorgan
Aspirant

So I pressed the reset button on the back of the router for 10 secs and it rebooted.  I figured I'd have to reset everything but all my settings were still there so I'm not sure if the reset actually worked or not.  That aside, I set the timezone and the time has been accurate for the last 2 days.  I'll keep an eye on it for the next week and post again if the time hasn't changed.  Thanks for the reply.

Message 3 of 4
jeamorgan
Aspirant

After a couple of weeks, the time has remained correct on my router.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7