Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Massive speed issues on r7800

AyrA
Aspirant

Massive speed issues on r7800

I am having massive speed issues with my r7800. I am on a 500/50 mbit/s cable connection but I never actually manage to get to that speed using the router. When connecting the computer directly to the modem, then the speeds are OK. With the r7800 the speeds are really bad for most times (see here: http://i.imgur.com/kPgc1YQ.png)

This is how it looks without the router: http://i.imgur.com/1t2Grw3.png

The computer that made these tests was connected using a lan cable at all times. When performing tests with the router connected, speeds seem almost OK for the first half second but then drops rapidly. For some reason the speed results are way better during a very short period in the night. (Still less than half of what they are without the router)

What I tried so far without success:

• restarting the router
  • resetting the router to factory defaults
  • disabling wifi
  • disconnecting all devices except the computer used to make tests
  • flashing the newest firmware image again
  • trying older firmware image
  • trying alternative firmware image (OpenWRT)

Is there anything else I can do?

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
AyrA
Aspirant

I contacted support and we tried various things. NIC cpu is probably broken and support recommended that I return it to the store to exchange it.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @AyrA

Looks like you have tried most of the steps.

Perhaps, try the 30-30-30 hard reset. 

-With the unit powered on, press and hold the reset button on back of the unit for 30 seconds.

-Without releasing the reset button, unplug the unit and hold reset for another 30 seconds.

-Plug the unit back in while STILL holding the reset button for the last 30 seconds then let go.

If that didn't help, I suggest that you get an RMA

Message 2 of 4
netwrks
Master

Have you tried replacing the cable between the router and modem? That's an easy test.. Minimum CAT5e.

Message 3 of 4
AyrA
Aspirant

I contacted support and we tried various things. NIC cpu is probably broken and support recommended that I return it to the store to exchange it.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7