Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Migrating R7000 config to R7000P

Tekron
Aspirant

Migrating R7000 config to R7000P

Hi All,

I recently had to replace my old R7000 due to power surge damage during a storm.  I was looking around for the same model as I have set up a lot of config / rules, address reservations, etc and didn't want to spend hours on end re-doing everything for 30 odd devices.  I was able to get the R7000P but have found that the R7000 config won't import.  Physically the modems appear to be largely identical but obviously there are differences, perhaps the software but the management interface looks alost identical, etc.  Is there a way for me to import the R7000 config into the R7000P?

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
antinode
Guru

Re: Migrating R7000 config to R7000P

> [...] largely identical [...]

That's a synonym for "different".

> [...] Is there a way for me to import the R7000 config into the
> R7000P?

No.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
antinode
Guru

> [...] largely identical [...]

That's a synonym for "different".

> [...] Is there a way for me to import the R7000 config into the
> R7000P?

No.

Message 2 of 5

@Tekron wrote:

Physically the modems appear to be largely identical but obviously there are differences....

They are built around different chipsets.

I can't remember the details – they came up when the R7000P first appeared – but they are buried somewhere in this community. I just can't find them.

Message 3 of 5
myersw
Master

In addition to above, might I suggest you invest in a UPS. They typically are cheaper then having to purchase a new router. Have lived trough outages with a UPS that fried other electronics in house that was not on UPS. This is with a whole house surge protector by the way. 

Message 4 of 5
Tekron
Aspirant

@antinode

Thanks for confirming.

@michaelkenward

Thanks for confirming. Yeah I realised that they were very different after I had purchased the router but the P is still an upgrade to the non P so no loss there in any case.

@myersw

I do have a UPS for my main PC and / NAS as I had cooked a CPU / Motherboard in a previous storm (I guess the area I live in is prone to this).  I'll have to get a separate one for the router as it sits in a different area of the house.  The house itself has RCDs that did trip off when the surge happened but I guess RCDs can only do so much.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7