Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Mixed devices

SCJazz
Follower

Mixed devices

I have a long ranch house with a Motorola Model MG7700-10 Cable Modem-Router connected to my ethernet network.

To expand the wifi I have a Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router Model R7000P connected to the ethernet at the other end of the house. I'm not sure exactly how I set it up, but they seem to be working like a mesh network.

The issue is that the wifi is weak at the end of the house where the Motorola router is, there are several walls that it needs to go through. I would like to add another device in the middle, between the two devices, connected to the ethernet, or replace the Motorola with a device with more wifi range. I can't move the modem, that's where all the connections are. 

Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

You may want to take a look at our range of extenders https://www.netgear.com/home/wifi/range-extenders/

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

The R7000P doesn't support wifi extender mode. You'll need an extender as mentioned to help you with this. 

@SCJazz wrote:

I have a long ranch house with a Motorola Model MG7700-10 Cable Modem-Router connected to my ethernet network.

To expand the wifi I have a Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router Model R7000P connected to the ethernet at the other end of the house. I'm not sure exactly how I set it up, but they seem to be working like a mesh network.

The issue is that the wifi is weak at the end of the house where the Motorola router is, there are several walls that it needs to go through. I would like to add another device in the middle, between the two devices, connected to the ethernet, or replace the Motorola with a device with more wifi range. I can't move the modem, that's where all the connections are. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7