Modem Keeps dropping Ongoing Upload connections every 2 hrs and 3 minutes from the time they start.

masterolive
Tutor

Modem Keeps dropping Ongoing Upload connections every 2 hrs and 3 minutes from the time they start.

Modem Keeps dropping Ongoing Upload connections every 2 hrs and 3 minutes from the time they start.
I have this issue narrowed down to either my ISP or the Netgear router, It started with a very specific and reliable problem regarding Twitch stream ending every 2hrs and 3 mins on the dot, as well as my work at home virtual phone program showing similar issues around the same time frame. These are the only two issues I have so far it only seems to affect an ongoing upload connection.
-So that's 2 different devices with 2 different programs, both Wired ethernet. 

Otherwise, Everything else is fine. Netflix, 5+ devices, wifi connection never goes down whenever it happens. Also, the 2hr  timeframe begins from the start of whenever I make the connection, not at specific times of the day. So whenever we stream, we know its gonna go down 2hrs from that point. 

And before anyone says its twitch or OBS, It's not. I have been banging my head against the wall for over a week trying to fix this and I have made every single change and tweak under the sun between ALL the programs and my PC and NOTHING works, so it is 100% either my modem or ISP and my ISP is not being helpful at all and they just confirm that everything is working fine. 

Here is the OBS log that gives me details:
21:20:05.814: socket_thread_windows: Received FD_CLOSE, 18995 ms since last send (buffer: 464712 / 468480)
21:20:05.814: socket_thread_windows: Aborting due to FD_CLOSE, error 10053
21:20:05.814: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Disconnected from rtmp://live-iad.twitch.tv/app
The FD_CLOSE means that OBS stopped uploading data for 18 seconds, so twitch ended the stream, so something is causing programs to stop ongoing uploading after exactly 2hrs.

I have also tried many different PC settings, from Opening twitches RTMP port, allowing exceptions for OBS, as well as disabling 3rd party firewall and Ethernet driver power saving options, and I also added my devices to Netgear reserved DHCP list, but  I cannot change DHCP options. 

ISP info:

Xfinity/Comcast 

250Mbps D

12Mbps U

What other settings on the router can I configure to fix this? And what sort of terminology can I use to best describe it to my ISP in case its them? Ive been very detailed with them but they keep reiterating that everything is working fine.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 1 of 4
masterolive
Tutor

Re: Modem Keeps dropping Ongoing Upload connections every 2 hrs and 3 minutes from the time they sta

Bumping. 

I registered my modem to get in touch with support and LIke an idiot entered my purchase date not realizing it only lasts for 90 days so Now I can't contact support unless I spend $80...

I'm not getting any help on Reddit or other forums I posted on, and I can't even contact support without paying so this is really discouraging and Perhaps I will be reconsidering Netgear entierly if I replace it.

Message 2 of 4
masterolive
Tutor

Re: Modem Keeps dropping Ongoing Upload connections every 2 hrs and 3 minutes from the time they sta

Final bump. 

Ive checked my modem settings and have contacted my ISP numerous times and there is nothing they can offer to fix this specific issue. 

My only other choice is to pay $80 just for the ability to send Netgear an email.  

Message 3 of 4
Chiistar
Aspirant

Im having this exact issue. Was anyone able to resolve this? Its really impacting my streams and community
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E