Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Modem Router upgrade

ibike_nm
Follower

Modem Router upgrade

I purchased a NIGHHAWK Modem Router AC1900. Built in DOCSIS 3.0 on Amazon. We now have XFinity in our new home. I purchased a plan with Download speeds  up to 1200 MBPS and Upload speeds up to 35 MBPS. The tech said my unit would not get me to those speeds. I need a suggestion for a better unit without breaking the bank.

Thanks for your help. 

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

I take it you bought the C7000? (ac1900 is the speed, not the model)

The only combo units that support the docsis 3.1 that you need for the 1.2gig speed would be:

C7800 (AC3200)

CAX30 (AX2700)

CAX80 (AX6000)

None are thatt cheap of devices. 

I usually recommend that people buy modems seperate from their routers because then if you want to upgrade, you're not having to buy the expensive combo unit. Plus then you control the firmware on the devices and not the ISP. And lastly, it part of it goes wrong, your not replacing a while device. 

Message 2 of 3
WAG12
Aspirant

I just bought a Netgear Nighthawk CAX30 at Costco for $250, that would be your cheapest option and will give you download speeds of up to 2.7 Gbps. It has WiFi 6 and DOCSIS 3.1 so it should be future proof for the forseable future.  The CAX30 appears to be identical to the CAX30S and is sold only at Costco. It is an excellent modem/router and most people report they are getting higher download speeds after switching to this modem.  I am getting 10% higher speeds than I'm suppose to be getting based on my Xfinity plan.  The CAX30 WiFi signal is extremely strong everywhere in my house so that I no longer need to use a WiFi extender that was needed with my previous router due to weak signal in parts of my house.  Highly Recommended.  If money is no object and you want the best than buy the CAX80 which costs $430 and will give you download speeds of up to 6 Gbps.

https://www.netgear.com/home/wifi/modem-routers/cax30s/

https://www.netgear.com/home/wifi/modem-routers/cax80/

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7