Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Modem blew during a storm lightning hit the main connector box in street

ZiggyBlackstar
Aspirant

Modem blew during a storm lightning hit the main connector box in street

I recently upgraded my virgin to the 350mbs hub 3 and set it to modem mode to run through my nexgear router. but on friday we had a big storm and it took out the onstreet virgin box, and blew my hub 3 so no lights no internet, Virgin service engineer arrived yesterday and replaced the hub 3, but when i tried to connect my netgear it couldn't  access internet, the internet light is off,, tried reboot new cables etc, but still not working, will connect to networl but without internet, could the lightning have blown the router as well ?..  I've ordered a new upgraded router as was considering upgrading with the faster internet connection anyways, but i also run a BT internet connection and if i can fix the x6s would use it with that modem. Thanks in advance, any tips on how to fix would be appriciated, Ta E

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Lightening is great at wrecking electronics. 

You can try reinstalling the firmware incase the storm corrupted the current version. 

If that doesn't help, you could try putting the super hub in router mode and running the netgear in access point mode. 

always worth a shot. 

Message 2 of 3
ZiggyBlackstar
Aspirant

Thanks for your help, will try your suggestions

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation