Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

More Nighthawk R7000 problems

sbongard
Guide

More Nighthawk R7000 problems

I purchased a Nighthawk AC1900 R7000 less than a year ago, and I've had nothing but problems with it after the first few months. At first I just had to reboot the router occasionally. Rebooting became an increasingly frequent problem. Then the 5Ghz band disapeared. Basically, it just became less and less reliable. I've had several Netgear routers, but this one has been completely unreliable.

Netgear tech support has been absolutely no help! A call to tech support was pretty useless. They asked a couple of extremely basic questions (Is the power light on? What about the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz lights? etc.) and then tried to sell me additional tech support. That's extremely disappointing.

I can't imagine I'll ever purchase a Netgear product again. Has anyone else had these problems?

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: More Nighthawk R7000 problems

the R7000 has been a problem child for the last year or 2. A certain percentage (not all for some reason) seem to have issues with newer firmwares. 

The agreed upon stable version is 1.0.9.42 of it. 

I'd try installing it over a hardwired connection, after the install then factory reset the router and do a clean install (not from backup). 

I'd try that route. 

What version are you currently on? 

What gateway is it connected to? 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7