Highlighted
Novice

Most stable firmware for R7000

So I just purchased one of these puppies from Staples. I've read that the latest firmware releases may not be the most stable. Can someone recommend the latest firmware that works well? Are there any specific settings I will need to change from default? I don't have any AC clients as of yet, but have clients using 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. Upgrading from a WNDR37000.
Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: Most stable firmware for R7000

So far, so good for me with the previous to current version V1.0.2.164_1.0.15.

I have not tried the current version because of the reports of wifi troubles. I've seen a few people say they have had good luck with the version I am running with now, so I figured I would try it(V 1.01 was on it when I bought it) and so far so good. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Novice

Re: Most stable firmware for R7000

Chuck_IV wrote:
So far, so good for me with the previous to current version V1.0.2.164_1.0.15.

I have not tried the current version because of the reports of wifi troubles. I've seen a few people say they have had good luck with the version I am running with now, so I figured I would try it(V 1.01 was on it when I bought it) and so far so good. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks for the feedback. I will try to download it and install it tonight? Any tips for the wireless config screens? I know with my WNDR3700 certain settings can affect radio performance dramatically. I live in the suburbs - there are 2 homes near me that sometimes cause interference issues- but I've been able to mitigate them for the most part by choosing the radio bands carefully. I have mixed N and G devices, operating in both 2.4GHz and 5GHz range of frequencies.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements