Re: Multiple Issues with Nighthawk Router

SarcasticWit
Aspirant

Multiple Issues with Nighthawk Router

I seem to be having a several issues with this router all of a sudden, which don't seem to interfere with my connectivity...

I was trying to send a friend an invite to my Plex server, and received an error message stating that my server was not available to outside my network, and listed suggestions on how to correct this with my router...

I then proceeded to try to enter the router, using "routerlogin.com" and received the error message:

You are not connected to your Router's WiFi network. To access routerlogin.com, your device must be connected to your Router's WiFi network. Check your current connection and try again.

It should be noted that at this time, I had 1 smartphone and 2 tablets connected to my wifi connections from this router, and I was, and am, still able to surf from my desktop as well...

I then tried the steps that were suggested, but found the link for see "What is the IP address of my NETGEAR router? appears to be broken, as you get a"Page Not Found" error (good job there Netgear!!!!)

I then went so far as to try a "factory reset" and even after that, am getting the same result, but am still able to surf from my desktop, and my two WiFi channels still apparently exist, because my wireless devices are still connected under my two wifi network names...

I also can't sign into the router using Network Genie, and my two wifi networks don't show up on this program either...

So I am at a total loss at this point...Any thoughts/hints/tips would be greatly appreciated...

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello @SarcasticWit

Welcome to the community!

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. 

As a suggestion, try the reset instructions below:

1. With the unit powered on, press and hold the reset button on the back of unit for 30seconds.

2. Without releasing the reset button, unplug the unit and hold reset for another 30 seconds.

3. Power on the unit while STILL pushing the reset button and count for another 30 seconds before letting it go. 

After reset, make sure that the power light is stable and then reconfigure the router settings manually. 

See the article below on how to configure the router depending on what type of Internet subscription you have.

DSL Connection

Cable Connection

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 2 of 4
SarcasticWit
Aspirant

This did not reset the router...

I even tried it 2x, to make sure I was doing it properly...

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Sounds like a hardware failure. That instruction should have restored your router settings. 

If within hardware warranty, contact support and get a replacement. 

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E