Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Multiple users for orbi app

bumblebee55
Follower

Multiple users for orbi app

A similar post was posted earlier but we have the same issue and I can't find it resolved. And apologies, this might not be the right discussion board?!

"I have setup the orbi app using my email address and password. Now my husband wants to do the same but it wont let the username be anything other than admin

"Both my husband and I are trying to log into the Orbi app. I am able to login to the app but he keeps getting a login error.  it only lets 'admin' be the username, and i have used my password.

Which makes me think I have changed the username to be my email address possibly.

We both have separate netgear accounts, but the orbi is registered under my account. 

Can multiple users access the app or can only one person per device have admin access? 

I have an Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router (RBR20)

I just want him to be able to login using his own app in case i am not around to fix something if a problem comes up!

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Multiple users for orbi app

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi App product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi App and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Multiple users for orbi app

@bumblebee55 wrote:

Can multiple users access the app or can only one person per device have admin access? 

I have an Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router (RBR20)

Yes, multiple devices can access the Orbi app. They all have to use the same credentials.

(I have the Orbi app on two smartphone and two tablets.)

Orbi has three types of credentials:

• The WiFi SSID/password.
  • The web interface, where the user name is "admin" and cannot be changed and a password.
  • The Orbi app, which uses the MyNetgear credentials, which are an email address and a password.

It is really ANNOYING that trying to configure the Orbi app automatically suggests user names which are inappropriate, such as "admin" and some random email address that might have been used in the past.  I always say a brief chant (involving colorful language), erase that garbage and type in my Netgear credentials.

Set the app on his phone to the same login as the app on your phone.

p.s. do not configure two-factor authentication on the app because it will send texts only to one phone number.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7