Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My Firmware is V1.0.2.52 - From the Firmware update it says there is no update avalible

derosbys
Tutor

My Firmware is V1.0.2.52 - From the Firmware update it says there is no update avalible

I saw on the netgear site that there is a new firmware update V1.0.2.58 so I went to the advanced settings and told it to check for a firmware update but is says there are not firmware updates avaible.  I am running it in Router mode not Access Point mode or Bridge mode as I know this can cause problems.  I am afraid to download and do a manual install because maybe my router does not support this update?  I have a Netgear Nighthawk X4S R7800

https://kb.netgear.com/000059692/R7800-Firmware-Version-1-0-2-58

I do not want to brick my router.  Is there a bug in V1.0.2.52 that it no longer sees a newer firmware?

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
microchip8
Master

Re: My Firmware is V1.0.2.52 - From the Firmware update it says there is no update avalible

There's an issue on NG's side that doesn't report the new version. You can always manually download and update. Don't worry, your router supports it or else NG won't publish it

That said, be aware that multiple users have reported wifi issues on firmware .58 and some have rolled back to .52

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
microchip8
Master

Re: My Firmware is V1.0.2.52 - From the Firmware update it says there is no update avalible

There's an issue on NG's side that doesn't report the new version. You can always manually download and update. Don't worry, your router supports it or else NG won't publish it

That said, be aware that multiple users have reported wifi issues on firmware .58 and some have rolled back to .52

Message 2 of 3
derosbys
Tutor

@derosbys wrote:

I saw on the netgear site that there is a new firmware update V1.0.2.58 so I went to the advanced settings and told it to check for a firmware update but is says there are not firmware updates avaible.  I am running it in Router mode not Access Point mode or Bridge mode as I know this can cause problems.  I am afraid to download and do a manual install because maybe my router does not support this update?  I have a Netgear Nighthawk X4S R7800

https://kb.netgear.com/000059692/R7800-Firmware-Version-1-0-2-58

I do not want to brick my router.  Is there a bug in V1.0.2.52 that it no longer sees a newer firmware?

So I was able to update the firmware by downloading it and updating it from the Netgear interface.  The update went well.  I rebooted the Cable Modem and Rebooted the Router.  Then the problems began.  I was unable to connect any wireless device.  Android or IOS.  I went on each device and told it to forget the network and reconnecting.  It would never connect.  I rebooted my wireless phone and iPad and told it to forget the network and still no connection.  Every device I had would not connect to 2.4 or 5G  I checked all the settings, change the SSID Changed the password and hit apply but still dead in the water.  The hardwired devices worked.  I down graded the firmware to the .52 from the .58  Too many bugs in .58 !!!

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7