× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

My Netgear Nighthawk M1 is getting hot and randomly restarting what can I do?

RobotPirate
Aspirant

My Netgear Nighthawk M1 is getting hot and randomly restarting what can I do?

The device was bought in March of 2020 and for 6 weeks it has been randomly restarting while plugged in NOT using battery

We DID NOT have this problem at all for the first 10-11 months of using, what is the problem?

Firmware is NTG9X50C_12.06.2100

This is outrageous!!! To pay $250 for a device that starts acting up a month or so before the warranty is up.

Message 1 of 2
Transfluxor
Apprentice

Re: My Netgear Nighthawk M1 is getting hot and randomly restarting what can I do?

Perhaps during these six weeks your cellular connection speed has increased and / or the number of devices connected to your mobile router has increased. This increases the current consumption from the power adapter, which, according to reviews on the Internet, is working to its limit. Try to connect the router to the more powerful charger.
It is also necessary to exclude external overheating of the power adapter and router - do not leave them in the sun or near a heater.
I do not exclude a malfunction of the router, but this should be dealt with by the dealer.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7