× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My RAX45 way slow after full power down/up of all devices

SGreggP
Follower

My RAX45 way slow after full power down/up of all devices

I bought a RAX45 last year after my 10 y.o. Apple Airport Extreme started to act up. Old as it was, it provided pretty decent coverage of my property. I also have a Netgear range extender (EX2800, I think). My house is two story, approx 1700 sq ft., and my RAX45 is located on the second floor. The extender is on the first floor.

For the most part, and suprisingly, the RAX45 was not much of an upgrade. It did improve on tested speed a bit, but the coverage was no better than the old Apple product. 

To diagnose the problems with my RAX45, I started by doing a full power down and back up of the cable modem, router, and any/all devices that were connected. I followed the Netgear procees and it went fairly smoothly but when finished, no device achieved better than 1Mbps! My ISP, Comcast/Xfinity, provides 100+ Mbps so what happened?!

What shoyls be my next diagnostic move? Should I try the power down/up again?

Thanks,

SP

Message 1 of 2

Re: My RAX45 way slow after full power down/up of all devices

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.)

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers about your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Nighthawk Routers with WiFi 6 (AX) - NETGEAR Communities

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7