My moto... You break it... You fix it...

Sandman192
Aspirant

My moto... You break it... You fix it...

The moto should be (on hardware updates) “if a company broke it then they should fix it”. Even if the hardware is out of warranty. Why should we have something that works and have an update breaks the hardware not to work and passably have no way of fixing it because you can’t access the hardware.

Why shouldn't the company fix the problem that they created that broke it?
Why should we have too buy another piece of hardware which maybe expensive? It shouldn’t matter if it's under warranty if there update broke it or it got corrupted.

Lets say that the car is the hardware. And the oil is the software. You go and have your oil replace and they gave you the wrong one and it broke your car the is out of warranty. Should the car not be drive able anymore or should they replace it when the company gave them the wrong oil?

Message 1 of 6
William10a
Master

Re: My moto... You break it... You fix it...

The moto should be (on hardware updates) “if a company broke it then they should fix it”. Even if the hardware is out of warranty. Why should we have something that works and have an update breaks the hardware not to work and passably have no way of fixing it because you can’t access the hardware.

Why shouldn't the company fix the problem that they created that broke it?
Why should we have too buy another piece of hardware which maybe expensive? It shouldn’t matter if it's under warranty if there update broke it or it got corrupted.

Lets say that the car is the hardware. And the oil is the software. You go and have your oil replace and they gave you the wrong one and it broke your car the is out of warranty. Should the car not be drive able anymore or should they replace it when the company gave them the wrong oil?

Slow down a minute What happen to what?

If it is a router what is the model number?

What is not doing or doing wrong?

What firmfare version are you talking about?

Your posting makes no sense you did not explain the problem just trying to figture out what your talking about there maybe an simple answer but no one knows the question asking.

Message 2 of 6
Sandman192
Aspirant

Re: My motto... You break it... You fix it...

I’m sorry I misspelled. It’s a "motto". This one is on hardware and firmware. It doesn't matter what hardware.

I seen companies give out firmware that can brake a compute to the point that you can’t even go in to BIOS and they had to fight the company to replace and to take down that firmware until they do it right.

I even seen that on routers firmware where they can’t access it due to an firmware updates.

Windows Anniversary edition broke my computer. It ran fine for almost a year until Anniversary came around and Microsoft won’t fix what they broke and expects me to downgrade to Windows 7 or 8 or buy new hardware to run Windows 10. Windows 10 is the last verison meaning they should keep updating and update your broken updates.

Yes I’m reporting this to Microsoft too.

The router that I’m using seems to be having troubles is on another post.

Message 3 of 6
Sandman192
Aspirant

Thank god it's not the modem.

If my modem went down due to an update problem to the point of no internet then I would had to find another way to report the problem. I do not have a smart phone to report the problem. I would have to call or WiFi surfing down the road or at a hot spot like Mc Donalds. What a mess that would be.

Message 4 of 6
William10a
Master

Re: My motto... You break it... You fix it...

Windows 10 maybe the latest os out for windows but Windows xp and 7 was there best and windows 3.1 (a dos shell more or less) under the screen with icons on it most of the programs were a dos program in a dress. I guess I lucked out on this mother the Asus mn2-e I think that's number that's not important runs windows 10 64pro ok so far.

Message 5 of 6
William10a
Master

Re: Thank god it's not the modem.

I also agree that the programmers who write the codes that drive the devices in our lives today need  to pay more attention to task at hand but is not the world we live in today. I fear it will get worse as more functions are added to everyday items one morning you may get up find to your coffee maker asking for a firmware update before it makes your coffee.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E