My new Nighthawk R7000 keeps dropping internet connection. Help!

Bobaaganoosh
Initiate

My new Nighthawk R7000 keeps dropping internet connection. Help!

I bought the Nighthawk R7000 and it came in last yesterday. But after setting it up, I noticed it would frequently drop internet connection every so often. Like, I'd be in the middle of doing something either on my Macbook or Xbox, and it would just lose internet connection for a good 45 seconds, then come back on. And it would do that over and over. 

I've browsed the forums and researched this issue with no REAL actual solution to the problem, and I don't know what to do. I've updated the firmware to the altest version. That didn't fix anything. I mean, this router is pretty pricy, and you'd expect to not have issues like this with it, but here we are. Can someone please help me fix this? This is the second router we've bought in 2 weeks trying to find something that's great, and I though this was it, but I'm sending it back if it's gonna keep dropping connection on me.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
LeeH
Prodigy

Re: My new Nighthawk R7000 keeps dropping internet connection. Help!

Try doing an extra long factory reset by pressing in the reset button on the back of the router and holding it in until the power light turns orange and starts to blink.  Hold it in long enough for this to cycle through three times, that will probably be about 20~30 seconds.

Then log into the router and change the admin password but don't change anything else.  Test it out after this using this default configuration.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements