Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My new R7800 X4s cannot sync proper time

kstotlani
Star

My new R7800 X4s cannot sync proper time

Hello,

I have recently purchased the R7800 and have been facing frustrating time in getting this to work. My router time shows as Jan 1, 1970. I have tried changing the timezone in the security option but it doesn't change. Here is what I have done so far.

1. Changed timezone randomly many times then changed it back to my timezone which is in India.

2. Hard reset the router 10 times at least. Reboot using admin console, power recycled after hard reset. Nothing works. 

3. Used NTP tool to check netgear ntp servers. It's able to connect to all from a to h. There is nothing wrong with my ISP as it can connect to the netgear ntp servers.

Netgear phone support say that is all they can do to check but someone on chat was still trying to help. I am reaching out here to see if there is any solution to this.

The issue with time not syncing is that I am not able to connect some client devices as it says time is out of sync. Some services on my iphone and ipad also don't work. e.g. speedtest.net will not work if time is not syncronized. 

Thanks,

Kamlesh.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
kstotlani
Star

Re: My new R7800 X4s cannot sync proper time

I did this a couple of days ago and it worked. Not sure why it was not working with my ISP DNS even though the NTP tool would return positive from Netgear servers. Anyway, I am quite relieved and happy. The router is a monster when it comes to range.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
storm1985
Prodigy

try to set your router DNS to public address like 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Message 2 of 4
kstotlani
Star

I did this a couple of days ago and it worked. Not sure why it was not working with my ISP DNS even though the NTP tool would return positive from Netgear servers. Anyway, I am quite relieved and happy. The router is a monster when it comes to range.
Message 3 of 4
storm1985
Prodigy

Great! Glad it works.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements