Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My r8000 has totally stopped broadcasting an SSID.

PondManHank
Aspirant

FW = v1.0.3.32 (sb latest)

OS = Win7

Home w/ 10+ Devices (4-5+ at any one time)

Reading numerous posts indicates the r8000 is very heat-sensitive. Ventilation for mine is optimum, no obstructions & in a cool room.

I have done several hard resets on both the cable modem & the router. I also removed router from power & all connections for a day.

I have not done a reset to factory defaults; should I try that also?

ls there any reset for the radios? If not, could a repair (to what?) be made?

I have always cared for it properly as it is an expensive device.

Router has always performed perfectly until this issue. Should I have to replace it, I'll probably buy exactly the same.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.  Hank 🙂

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
PondManHank
Aspirant

Re: Problem SOLVED: My r8000 has totally stopped broadcasting an SSID.

Millions of thanks to you, LeeH, as I am now up & running again!

I had either forgotten or was unaware of the WiFi & WPS buttons on top of the device. I felt that some place, some way, there had to be a way to turn the wireless on again. I kept seeing, on the Genie, that the wireless was "Off", but could not find how to turn it back "On".

Sometimes one can't see the forest for all the trees.

For me, a hard reset, on any device, is to physically remove all power & other cables.

Again LeeH, thanks a million! You saved me at least $300, which I really didn't have anyway.

I really like my r8000 as it has served me without fail for over 2 years. This has been my 1st issue & ultimately, I was the dumb one.

Have a wonderful week LeeH.  Hank  🙂

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies

Re: My r8000 has totally stopped broadcasting an SSID.

If it is less than a year old,you could start the on-line (avoid phone support) warranty process.

Oh, and check that the physical wifi switch, the button on the top, is on.

Factory reset is certainly worth trying before you go down the warranty route.

Message 2 of 5
LeeH
Prodigy

Re: My r8000 has totally stopped broadcasting an SSID.

Not sure what you are calling a hard reset.  Please try holding in the recessed button on the back of the router for at least 10 seconds until the power light turns orange and starts to blink.

The WiFi button on the top of the router must be pressed in for several seconds in order for it to switch on if that is the problem but a reset as given above should also restore the WiFi power.

Message 3 of 5
PondManHank
Aspirant

Millions of thanks to you, LeeH, as I am now up & running again!

I had either forgotten or was unaware of the WiFi & WPS buttons on top of the device. I felt that some place, some way, there had to be a way to turn the wireless on again. I kept seeing, on the Genie, that the wireless was "Off", but could not find how to turn it back "On".

Sometimes one can't see the forest for all the trees.

For me, a hard reset, on any device, is to physically remove all power & other cables.

Again LeeH, thanks a million! You saved me at least $300, which I really didn't have anyway.

I really like my r8000 as it has served me without fail for over 2 years. This has been my 1st issue & ultimately, I was the dumb one.

Have a wonderful week LeeH.  Hank  🙂

Message 4 of 5
PondManHank
Aspirant

Oops!! I just saw where "michaelkenward" also gave the solution that worked for me.

Millions of thanks to you also.  Hank  🙂

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7