My wifi router wont let me get on certain website to play game.

NerminH
Aspirant

My wifi router wont let me get on certain website to play game.

I was playing the game with no issues 3 days ago, yesterday morning i started having issues and i was not able to connect to the game website or the game launcher, when i go on the website i get a message saying "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT". the website i am trying to go on is thedeathko.com, the website wont work on any of my 2 pcs's or my laptop or my cellphone when  i conenct it to wifi, when i connect the laptop direct to the modem the website works. the website is not down or having maintnace my friends are not having any issues with the website, i contacted my internet provider and norton andti virus to see if they have blocked the website. but because it works when i connect to the modem directly and not threw wifi my guess is that it has something to do with my netgear wifi router. i have been trying to google how to fix this and tried multiple things but nothing has worked for me yet.

Model: R7300DST|Nighthawk DST—AC1900 DST Router
Message 1 of 8
IrvSp
Master

Re: My wifi router wont let me get on certain website to play game.

A couple of tests you could do to see what could be causing this, in no particular order:

• Pause Norton A/V to see if it works without it?
  • PING THEDEATHKO.COM (using the Windows CMD prompt) and see it it PINGs?
  • TRACERT THEDEATHKO.COM (using the Windows CMD prompt) and see if it reaches it?

Wondering if you are having an issue due to country? Some stuff seems to be in different languages? Possible you have a Firmware update when it stopped working and it changed your country? Has your DNS been changed? If so try the Google Public ones, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and see it that works?

Might want to list "tried multiple things but nothing has worked for me yet." what they were and all the results. "Nothing worded" mean nothing to anyone without what you did and the results.

List the F/W version too if it is NOT the lastest on the NG Website, but so people do know, list it even if it is.

Message 2 of 8
NerminH
Aspirant

not sure if the dns has been changed, i have reset the routehr and modem to factory, i restored both my pcs to factory settings, i had guy from norton remote my pc to try to help me figure this out and he did some stuff in the command settings. the game and website work when i conenct directly to the modem but when i try the wifi it wont work. factory rest me router,

Firmware Version 
V1.0.0.70_1.0.25

Message 3 of 8
IrvSp
Master

All I know now is that you have the latest f/w....

What about the PING and TRACERT?

What about PAUSING NORTON?

Did you try the Google DNS's?

Those 4 steps are part of the debug process.

What did the Norton guy do and where?

Remember, 'we' can not see what you see or did..

Any results from the above, errors, success?

Message 4 of 8
NerminH
Aspirant

i tried to pause norton, here is the result for tracert and ping https://ibb.co/v4snJB5, i tried the google dns and it did not work.norton did some commands like ipconfig, reset and renew and like 4 other commadns i dont remember.

Message 5 of 8
IrvSp
Master

Well, PING, some sites will not honor it... so it is hard to tell. TRACERT, a different story. Can tell you are on Charter in MN. That 16th hop, gets you to:

IP address: 5.254.108.65
hostname: FILTER-DDoS
ISP: Globalcity Telecom S.R.L.
Organization: Voxility S.R.L.
City: Bucharest
Region: Bucuresti
Postal code: 001553
latitude: 44.4333
longitude: 26.1

I does a Filter-DDoS it seems and after that you can't get it. They are blocking you. Are you by any chance running a VPN? The use of those does have some sites blocking them. Too many coming in from the same IP Address so they close that off....

However I see you are going out to telia.net. That is Swedish, and I suggest you Google them, bad news... they seem to be the problem for a while now although I can't find anything recent. Cell phone routing is probably different.

"i tried the google dns and it did not work"

I have NO idea what you did or what the results are. Did you compare the results with your other DNS's you used?

Right now, to me, the problem IS not in the Router.

Message 6 of 8
NerminH
Aspirant

"i tried the google dns and it did not work" i followed the youtube instuctions, control panel> network and sharing> properties> internet protocol version 4>  clicked on prperties and changed the dns server address to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, i restarted my pc and then tried the website again and it did not work, when i connect my laptop directly to the modem the website works, but when i connect threw wifi  router the wesbite does not work. i am not running a vpn.

Message 7 of 8
IrvSp
Master

@NerminH wrote:

"i tried the google dns and it did not work" i followed the youtube instuctions, control panel> network and sharing> properties> internet protocol version 4>  clicked on prperties and changed the dns server address to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, i restarted my pc and then tried the website again and it did not work, when i connect my laptop directly to the modem the website works, but when i connect threw wifi  router the wesbite does not work. i am not running a vpn.

Well, compare the TRACERT between your PC using the Router's DNS's, the PC using the one set in the Properties, then connect to the modem and compare the TRACERT. Are they ALL the same?

By the way, the YOU TUBE was to change the DNS on the PC, NOT the router. That is where you should be changing it. Open a Browser, enter the Router's IP Address, then supply UID and PW, and on the BASIC tab, Internet is where you enter the Google DNS's via the DNS section.

https://kb.netgear.com/30510/How-do-I-set-static-DNS-servers-on-my-NETGEAR-router

The place to watch is IF all use TALIA,NET or not.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E