Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NAT Issues for Xbox One Live, AC1900 Smart WiFi Router model# R7000

Xboxlivegamer
Aspirant

NAT Issues for Xbox One Live, AC1900 Smart WiFi Router model# R7000

I'm having trouble getting open NAT for my Xbox One, it is set to moderate as of now. I've tried turning NAT filtering to open, address reservation, switching from ethernet to Wireless, port forwarding / port triggering TCP/UDP 3074.

Any help would be appreciated

Message 1 of 17

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: NAT Issues for Xbox One Live, AC1900 Smart WiFi Router model# R7000

Yes, that's it. So, your ISP is NATing your traffic. Your situation is similar to the guy with WiMAX. I went and found that thread.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/NIghtHawk-R7000-PS4-Nat-Type-Strict-3-Issues...

That guy had to call his ISP and ended up paying for a public IP address to solve his NAT problems. You'll need to call your ISP and either ask for a public IP address, or ask them how to set up port forwarding through their gateway. Read the other thread.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 17

All Replies
Xboxlivegamer
Aspirant

Firmware is up to date btw

Message 2 of 17
TheEther
Guru

Is your R7000 sitting behind another router (e.g. your ISP's)?

Message 3 of 17
rpoffen
Virtuoso

It is easy to tell if the R7000 is sitting behind another router, check the IP address assigned to the WAN port of the R7000, if it is in the range of 10.0.0.x or 192.168.x.x then it is behind another router.
Message 4 of 17
Xboxlivegamer
Aspirant

It's not, it's attached to a PoE Adaptor Model #MPSE-4803 MOA TELECOM.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 5 of 17
TheEther
Guru

@Xboxlivegamer wrote:

It's not, it's attached to a PoE Adaptor Model #MPSE-4803 MOA TELECOM.

This device is not relevant to this discussion.  rpoffen is correct.  If the IP address on your router's Internet port is either 192.168.x.x, 10.x.x.x, or 172.16.x.x, then it's behind another router.

Message 6 of 17
Xboxlivegamer
Aspirant

Yes I see that, the point is I only have the nighthawk router hooked to that, there is no router provided by my ISP.

Message 7 of 17
TheEther
Guru

What is the PoE adapter connected to?  The R7000 is on one end.  What's on the other end of the PoE adapter?  It could be an ISP router.

Someone else on this forum also swore he had no router provided by his ISP.  It turned out that he had Internet service delivered via WiMAX.  The WiMAX gateway was on his roof connected to a satellite dish!  Smiley Surprised

Message 8 of 17
Xboxlivegamer
Aspirant

It goes straight into the wall to outside, up the wall to the roof and i assume it's right to the dish receiver.

I'll have to ask my ISP if they have one setup like that because the view is obscured without a ladder and I don't own a ladder.

Message 9 of 17
TheEther
Guru

It'll be easier to tell us whether the IP address assigned to the Internet port of your R7000 is 192.168.x.x, 10.x.x.x, or 172.16.x.x.  Yes or no?

Message 10 of 17
Xboxlivegamer
Aspirant

That information is under Basic/Internet/Internet IP Address, right?

it's set to get dynamically from isp but the use static IP address is 192.168.x.x

Message 11 of 17
TheEther
Guru

Yes, that's it. So, your ISP is NATing your traffic. Your situation is similar to the guy with WiMAX. I went and found that thread.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/NIghtHawk-R7000-PS4-Nat-Type-Strict-3-Issues...

That guy had to call his ISP and ended up paying for a public IP address to solve his NAT problems. You'll need to call your ISP and either ask for a public IP address, or ask them how to set up port forwarding through their gateway. Read the other thread.

Message 12 of 17
Xboxlivegamer
Aspirant

I called my ISP and they said they'll call me tomorrow but from what the link and what posters said, it does sound like they will be able to solve this problem for me.

Thanks for the help.

Message 13 of 17
Xboxlivegamer
Aspirant

Still having Moderate NAT problems, the ISP said the opened all the ports to my router and it was open for a few days then it reverted back to moderate when I checked my NAT on xbox one.

Any suggestions?

Message 14 of 17
Xboxlivegamer
Aspirant

The Detailed NAT Information says "Your network is behind a UPnP port-restricted NAT".

Message 15 of 17
Xboxlivegamer
Aspirant

It's my ISP, I bypassed the router and I still have Moderate NAT

Message 16 of 17
JamesGL
Master

Hi Xboxlivegamer,

Make sure you only have one router in your network. If your modem from ISP is a modem router, you may need to set it to bridge mode and let the R7000 work as the router or set the R7000 to AP mode and the modem as the modem/router.

Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7