Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR Nighthawk AC2100 MU-MIMO

JustinT1010
Aspirant

NETGEAR Nighthawk AC2100 MU-MIMO

Hi,

I just bought myself the NETGEAR Nighthawk AC2100 from Staples because I wanted a router with MU-MIMO capabilities. I did more research with this specific model and found out the “MU-MIMO” technology is only applied to the 2.4Ghz band of the router (shown within the products data sheet). Can anyone confirm if this is a typo? Would it matter if it was on the slower 2.4Ghz band rather than the 5Ghz band?

Thank you.

9D11CD7D-C304-438A-B144-C164A72741B2.jpeg

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
JustinT1010
Aspirant

Re: NETGEAR Nighthawk AC2100 MU-MIMO

The routers product page says that MU-MIMO is supported, but nowhere in the manual says it does, you are correct. It’s sad to see this router isn’t as I suspected, mainly because of the false advertising going on. I’ll be returning this product back to Staples today.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7

All Replies

Most Netgear devices that support MU-MIMO says so in the manuals.

The manual for the AC2100 does not mention it.

>>>AC2100 | Product | Support | NETGEAR<<<

Message 2 of 7
JustinT1010
Aspirant

The routers product page says that MU-MIMO is supported, but nowhere in the manual says it does, you are correct. It’s sad to see this router isn’t as I suspected, mainly because of the false advertising going on. I’ll be returning this product back to Staples today.
Message 3 of 7

Hmm. Dodgy practice indeed.

I see no sign that they have added this with a firmware update.

Have you tried that?

Message 4 of 7
myersw
Master

@michaelkenward wrote:

Hmm. Dodgy practice indeed.

I see no sign that they have added this with a firmware update.

Have you tried that?

Just one more example of Netgear not having their act together. I like the one saying a forum member used. The inmates are running the asylum. I think this may be the case as management does not seem to be in charge or even care what is going on with the products and firmware. How would package advertisement review even say this was ok? 

Message 5 of 7

Sigh. Another content-free contribution from someone who has yet to recover from being hit on the head when their Netgear router fell off a shelf.

Remember, some people sign up here simply so that they can moan and groan about Netgear.

Tiresome and a waste of electrons.

Message 6 of 7
myersw
Master

@michaelkenward wrote:

Sigh. Another content-free contribution from someone who has yet to recover from being hit on the head when their Netgear router fell off a shelf.

Remember, some people sign up here simply so that they can moan and groan about Netgear.

Tiresome and a waste of electrons.

@michaelkenward

Yes it hurt when the router fell off the shelf. Was expecting a r8000 and r8000p to work. How wrong I was. As stated before this was my go to company, but no more. 

Remember, some people sign up here simply so that they can moan and groan about Netgear

As you well know, because you have suggested folks follow my suggestions, I do not hang out here just to moan and groan. I do provide helpful advice. At times it may not have the Netgear stamp of approval. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7