Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem WiFi Router Combo

lulajean
Follower

NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem WiFi Router Combo

I purchased this router for my 2,500 sq foot house. It should cover the whole house, but it doesn't,  I blame the huge brick fireplace that runs the length of the house and blocks my office from most of the rest of the house.  

I have a Netgear wifi booster in the hallway to the 3 bedrooms, yet I still have a weak signal in my bedroom.  I've come this far... what can I purchase to boost the signal in my bedroom?  

Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
microchip8
Master

Re: NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem WiFi Router Combo

Get Access Points (APs). If you can't run a cable, Powerline is a sound alternative though not as speedy

Message 2 of 3
labatt
Mentor

Re: NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem WiFi Router Combo

My house is only 1900sq ft, but I fought wireless signal issues for several years until I went with an AP solution over Ethernet. As mentioned a Ethernet over power adapter would work well if you cannot run Ethernet cable. 

House is wet plaster over metal lath. So going through 2 layers of that in some cases and at least one layer. With AP's I have a solid wifi, wifi 6, with a recent upgrade. I did go to the more commercial side of things as I got fed up with the crap Netgear calls firmware. Make good hardware, so too bad they cannot make the firmware as good as the hardware. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7