NETGEAR Nighthawk R7000P Drops Twitch.tv Connection every 2 Hours 3 Minutes and 57 Seconds

DuffTTV
Aspirant

NETGEAR Nighthawk R7000P Drops Twitch.tv Connection every 2 Hours 3 Minutes and 57 Seconds

Hello,

I've recently been streaming to Twitch.tv, and have been having some major issues. Every single stream, my connection to Twitch drops every 2:03:57. Every time my stream disconnects, I lose a majority of my viewers. I've done some research prior to posting this question, and I've narrowed it down to the router. From what I've seen, the R7000P has given many people problems with streaming on Twitch. On every Reddit post or forum question, I always see an edit saying that it has been the R7000P causing the problems. The people switched out the R7000P for a different router and their problems disappear. Now that I know that the router is the problem, is there any way I could try to fix it? I've tried factory resetting the router (dozens of times), turning off Dynamic QoS, opening up the port to the Twitch servers, and much, much more. I've tried everything that has been recommended to me, and none of it is working. I really dont want to have to buy a new router, seeing as I've spent over $200 on this one. Does anyone know for sure if it can be fixed?

If you're able to even provide a suggestion, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dale

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 2
DuffTTV
Aspirant

Re: NETGEAR Nighthawk R7000P Drops Twitch.tv Connection every 2 Hours 3 Minutes and 57 Seconds

Does nobody have any way to fix this? 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E