NETGEAR Nighthawk X10 AD7200(R9000) and IPad Pro connectivity issue

svnguyen99
Aspirant

NETGEAR Nighthawk X10 AD7200(R9000) and IPad Pro connectivity issue

I have had enough with my IPad Pro(s) 2nd and 3rd generation randomly disconnecting from my Wifi network and then reconnecting between 30 seconds to 60 seconds later.  Sometimes it will happen several times in a span of just 5 minutes.  None of my other Apple devices or laptops have this issue except my IPad Pros. 

Has anyone experience this with just IPad Pros only?  It's super annoying if you're trying to play a MOBA game and the wifi just disconnects for no reason and you are dead as soon as the wifi reconnects.  I've already packed up my router and put it back in the box but I'm hopping I didn't waste $400 I paid for it a few years ago if anyone has a clue to as to how to fix this problem.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: NETGEAR Nighthawk X10 AD7200(R9000) and IPad Pro connectivity issue

You may want to mess with the setting I linked below to see if that resolves the issue.

https://kb.netgear.com/30228/How-to-disable-20-40-MHz-Coexistence-on-a-NETGEAR-router

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
svnguyen99
Aspirant

Re: NETGEAR Nighthawk X10 AD7200(R9000) and IPad Pro connectivity issue

Thanks DarrenM, but I made the suggested changes in your link but they didn't work either.  I finally figured out the iPad Pro just have problems with the 5G band.  I just had to switch to the 2.4G band and the problem went away.  For some reason iPad Pro's and the Nighthawk routers just dont' work well on 5G band.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E