Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR ProSupport for Home - Extended Warranty

RASSER2
Follower

NETGEAR ProSupport for Home - Extended Warranty

I have a Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router, and fascilating on the purchase (or not) of the extended warranty.

Before I purchase an extended warranty, I would like to get its description. And, doesn't the extension apply to the period following the free 90-day warranty? I see nothing on their website to describe products available for purchase.

Does anyone have any issues with the warranties, or not having their warranty?

Thanks,

Rasser2

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions

Re: NETGEAR ProSupport for Home - Extended Warranty

@RASSER2 wrote:

I have a Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router,

First, AC1750 is not a reliable guide to model number. Many devices come with an AC tag. It is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

@RASSER2 wrote:

What do you want a warranty for? Support to fix things or in case the device breaks?

The hardware warranty is for at least a year. Longer in some countries.

The 90-day "free support" is basically there for getting the thing up and running.

After that, Netgear does not sell support. It farms that out to GearHead Technical Support.

GearHead Support

Netgear's own support is limited to 90 days. You get that by registering your device and starting the process on the MyNetgear site.

Many people happily use the free support that comes from fellow users who hang out here.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies

@RASSER2 wrote:

I have a Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router,

First, AC1750 is not a reliable guide to model number. Many devices come with an AC tag. It is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

@RASSER2 wrote:

What do you want a warranty for? Support to fix things or in case the device breaks?

The hardware warranty is for at least a year. Longer in some countries.

The 90-day "free support" is basically there for getting the thing up and running.

After that, Netgear does not sell support. It farms that out to GearHead Technical Support.

GearHead Support

Netgear's own support is limited to 90 days. You get that by registering your device and starting the process on the MyNetgear site.

Many people happily use the free support that comes from fellow users who hang out here.

Message 2 of 4
Spirit
Tutor

Question: Do the Gearhead tech reps actually work for Netgear or is Gearhead a completely separate company.

There are a lot of scammers out there posing as Netgear tech support so I am bit leary to call them because I don't know

who is legit.

Do you have the correct toll free number that is in fact the correct tech support line?

Message 3 of 4

@Spirit wrote:

Question: Do the Gearhead tech reps actually work for Netgear or is Gearhead a completely separate company.

There are a lot of scammers out there posing as Netgear tech support so I am bit leary to call them because I don't know

who is legit.

Do you have the correct toll free number that is in fact the correct tech support line?

It is all explained here:

GearHead Support

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7