Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR R7100LG-100EUS Nighthawk AC1900

marklittle2022
Aspirant

NETGEAR R7100LG-100EUS Nighthawk AC1900

Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong place or duplicated elsewhere. I have a NETGEAR R7100LG-100EUS Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band Wireless Wi-Fi Gigabit Cable Router with Built in 4G LTE which I've been using successfiully for a couple of years through a 4G SIM. But today when I tried to use it, nothing happened. I rebooted the machine and none of the LEDs lit up except for the power LED which started to blink white. I read that this could mean the firmware is corrupted, though I wasn't doing anything with the firmware and haven't for a long time. However, I decided to give it a go to update the firmware via TFRP after reading some of the troubleshooting guides here. I followed:

The first link was because I'm using a Mac and tIhe version of OS X I've got (11.6) doesn't support the TFTP graphical client the Netgear page discusses. Unfortunately that didn't work, at least as far as I could tell:

tftp -e 192.168.1.1 69

tftp> binary

tftp> put R7100LG-V1.0.0.72_1.0.6EUS.chk

Transfer timed out.

No change on the LEDs. I left it for a while (about 15 minutes) and switched it off, before trying again. No difference. After the last time I rebooted the device, the LEDs did change colour: power is solid white, internet amber and the 2.4 and 5 Ghz LEDs are both solid white, with the right most two LEDs also solid white. But nothing else and certainly no wifi through the SIM card. I'm at a loss now for what else to try so would value any help.

Note, I have tried the factory reset option several times today, both before and after trying to update the firmware.

Thanks in advance.
Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
marklittle2022
Aspirant

Re: NETGEAR R7100LG-100EUS Nighthawk AC1900

OK managed to fix it so please ignore 🙂

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos