Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NETGEAR R7500v2 lan drop

rcg4tigers
Aspirant

NETGEAR R7500v2 lan drop

I've had this router since January. It started out good for a week then lan would drop. Took it back and swapped for another one, did the same. Worked with netgear and they sent out another one and the only way it would work was if I had a computer hooked up to the router all the time. I have had my sons connected to it until he moved and now if I want the wired connections to work I have to turn it off and back on and it will work for a day or two. Does anyone else have this problem? If so how did they fix it where I don't have to have a computer connected all the time. I should have takin it back and got a another brand. 

Model: R7500v2|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi
Message 1 of 15

Accepted Solutions
rcg4tigers
Aspirant

Hi Elaine
Since I have changed the connection to port 1 I have had no trouble.

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 15

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @rcg4tigers

Welcome to the community!

What's the firmware version installed on your router?

Just to clarify, you can only access the internet when there's a wired computer connected to the router?

When you say the LAN drop, do you mean wired connection or entirely the local internet access?

Message 2 of 15
rcg4tigers
Aspirant

The firmware version is v1.0.2.2.  The router drops the wired connection. I have Directv and 1 Xbox one connected wired. They will lose Internet after a few days and I will have to reboot. The wireless never drops, it works great. We have talked to netgear support about this have swapped out routers twice, and the only way that we got it to not drop was when we had a desktop computer connected.

Netgear closed the support ticket and now i don't have free support, so I was hoping to find someone on here that may have had the same problem. I previously had a wndr3700v1 and never had any problems like this. I wanted to upgrade to faster router and better wireless is the only reason I changed. 

Message 3 of 15
rcg4tigers
Aspirant

I just saw there was new update so I now have v1.0.2.4.

Message 4 of 15
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@rcg4tigers Did it make any difference?

Message 5 of 15
rcg4tigers
Aspirant

The update worked for a few days, I now have v1.0.3.4, it is no better. This is rediculus. The wifi never drops that I know of but the wired disconnects every couple of days. 

Model: R7500v2|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi
Message 6 of 15
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Did you try using different Ethernet cables? 

How many wired devices are connected? What are these wired devices? 

Are all ports used? 
As a suggestion, try to use one port at a time then observe the connection. 

Message 7 of 15
rcg4tigers
Aspirant

Have not tried changing the Ethernet cable. I only have one thing connected by Ethernet cable and it is an Xbox one. I will try using different ports. 

Message 8 of 15
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Feel free to give us an update. 

Message 9 of 15
bjmc
Aspirant

i have had the same issue and thought is was my isp but have tested without and no issues. the only way is to restart router or tell it to retest internet connection. this is crazy i have to restart it 1 a day.

Message 10 of 15
JamesGL
Master

Hi bjmc,

1. How about wireless connection?

2. Do you observe specific pattern when the connection drops?

3. What is the firmware version of the router?

Message 11 of 15
JamesGL
Master

Hi bjmc,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 12 of 15
rcg4tigers
Aspirant

Hi Elaine
Since I have changed the connection to port 1 I have had no trouble.
Message 13 of 15
Mals30
Aspirant

I have the same issues with LAN dropping and rebooting to fix every few days. Unit for me was also swapped out. I have multiple devices plugged in on the LAN side. Only port 1 working is not an option for me since I have multiple devices. I have the latest firmware also. Any other suggestions or settings changes that will help to get this to work?
Message 14 of 15
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Mals30 Looks like a hardware issue. If you already have reinstalled the firmware and experiencing the same problem then it's a hardware issue. 

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7