Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR R9000 NIGHTHAWK X10 BLOCKS CERTAIN WEBSITES

wincy74
Aspirant

NETGEAR R9000 NIGHTHAWK X10 BLOCKS CERTAIN WEBSITES

Good evening everyone, I am having an issue that I hope you can help me with. My Netgear R9000 Nighthawk has been blocking a few secured websites. For example, I cannot access www.kbb.com via my internet but I can on my smartphone via LTE and when I connect my computer directly to my provider's modem, all sites works fine. I've tried everything from resetting it to factory settings to removing and reinstalling the Firmware updates from when it worked properly. But I am still not able to resolve the issue.  Anyone else having this problem? I bought the router in September and the issue started about a week ago.

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
wincy74
Aspirant

Re: NETGEAR R9000 NIGHTHAWK X10 BLOCKS CERTAIN WEBSITES

@michaelkenward wrote:

@wincy74 wrote:

My Netgear R9000 Nighthawk has been blocking a few secured websites.

You have tried this with different browsers?

@wincy74 wrote:

For example, I cannot access www.kbb.com via my internet ....

What happens when you try. Surely you get some sort of message? That might help someone to diagnose what is going on.

Thanks your response. I can't remember the exact verbiage, but it was something about the website is taking too long to respond. The router is working properly now. I'm not sure if I fixed it or it fixed itself. Last night after the my post here, I reset it to factory settings a few times and powercycled it after each reset. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies

@wincy74 wrote:

@wincy74 wrote:

What happens when you try. Surely you get some sort of message? That might help someone to diagnose what is going on.

Message 2 of 3
wincy74
Aspirant

@michaelkenward wrote:

@wincy74 wrote:

@wincy74 wrote:

Thanks your response. I can't remember the exact verbiage, but it was something about the website is taking too long to respond. The router is working properly now. I'm not sure if I fixed it or it fixed itself. Last night after the my post here, I reset it to factory settings a few times and powercycled it after each reset. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7