Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NIGHTHAWK AC1200Smart Wifi router w/external antennaea not connecting to internet

timbopaw
Aspirant

NIGHTHAWK AC1200Smart Wifi router w/external antennaea not connecting to internet

I bought this in Sept 2020 and it has been connected to my internet.  Internet & electricity were recently out.  When all was returned, the router will not connect to the internet. Internet is active as it connects directly to my Mac, no problem, but when the cable is plugged into the nighthawk, it cannot find the internet. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Model: R6230|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
timbopaw
Aspirant

Re: NIGHTHAWK AC1200Smart Wifi router w/external antennaea not connecting to internet

not exactly sure what you mean but when the router is on, the app on my phone sees it, hooks up to it but then says no internet detected, regardless if the internet cable is plugged into the router or not...so, wifi works, I guess?

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
No1Mportnt
Luminary

Re: NIGHTHAWK AC1200Smart Wifi router w/external antennaea not connecting to internet

Does both wired and wireless not connect or is it just one of the two?  You can try doing a factory reset to see if it helps.  .  

Message 2 of 7
timbopaw
Aspirant

and I've done all the unplug, plug, reboot, set up new everything, downloaded new app...can't get it to see the internet!

Message 3 of 7
timbopaw
Aspirant

not exactly sure what you mean but when the router is on, the app on my phone sees it, hooks up to it but then says no internet detected, regardless if the internet cable is plugged into the router or not...so, wifi works, I guess?

Message 4 of 7
plemans
Guru

what modem/gateway is the router connected to?

Message 5 of 7
timbopaw
Aspirant

Thanks for all your help, people! I had to do a factory reset and discovered that I needed to hold the reset button in for 7 seconds, instead of just punching it one time like I had done several times before.  It reset and now is working properly! Thanks again!

Message 6 of 7
No1Mportnt
Luminary

Thanks for the update. Glad you have it working. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7