Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NIGHTHAWK D7800 not talking to HUMAX FVP500T

corconx
Aspirant

NIGHTHAWK D7800 not talking to HUMAX FVP500T

Nighthawk router installed without too many hiccups.  My only problem is that I cannot get it to connect to the Humax FVP5000T box upstairs.  The internett works in that room in same place, but not the Humax Box. (so strength would seem ok)

On the Humax Settings it shows LAN connected but not internet.  The symbols at bottom show it is connected from humax to Router, but not from Router to Internet.

I have tried all sorts, from trying with an old Netgear Powerline 200AV, and using a Humax USB dongle I had.  Nothing worked.

So, I telephoned Humax as I haven't found a phone number for Netgear, although 24/7 help doesn't appear to be of any use... (as it says on the box). (If anyone has one I would be pleased to receive it) 

Humax, have explained that it isn't a Humax problem, it is a Router problem, ie like a blockage switch than needs switching.

So I have looked and do not see what it could be, do any of you have any thoughts please to solve this issue.

Box arrived and installed yesterday afternoon, so all new.

Thank you for looking and hopefully helping.

Carol

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 4

Re: NIGHTHAWK D7800 not talking to HUMAX FVP500T

Your subject says D7800, but your footer says R7800. Which is it?

Message 2 of 4
corconx
Aspirant

it’s D. don’t know where the R came from
Carol
Message 3 of 4

@corconx wrote:
it’s D. don’t know where the R came from
Carol

Probably because you picked it from the list available to you, because you have put your message in the section for Nighthawk WiFi Routers.

If you need more help, you might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section for your device:

DSL Modems & Routers

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7