Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NIGHTHAWK X6S

Orms462
Aspirant

NIGHTHAWK X6S

Latest Firmware failed!  Now my App asks me to sign in as admin but wont accept password which i know is right!  When going through process as forgot password, security questions answers are reported as incorrect!  I know they are right!  But Nighthhawk 6S will NOT hard reset and return admin password to "password" default.  PLEASE HELP.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
microchip8
Master

Security question are buggy for a long time, ie they don't work as advertised. At the back of the router there's a reset button. Press it for 7-10 minutes (or until Power LED begins to flash) then release. This should perform a factory reset

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
microchip8
Master

Security question are buggy for a long time, ie they don't work as advertised. At the back of the router there's a reset button. Press it for 7-10 minutes (or until Power LED begins to flash) then release. This should perform a factory reset

Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

I would think 7-10 seconds is long enough for a reset to be triggered. 

Message 3 of 6
Orms462
Aspirant

Thanks but doesn’t reset admin password! I have now reset it doing it on a Pc running Chrome.
Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 5 of 6

@Orms462 wrote:
Thanks but doesn’t reset admin password! I have now reset it doing it on a Pc running Chrome.

If the reset button did not restore the admin password to is default, then either your router has a more serious issue or you were doing something wrong.

Using the browser graphical user interface is actually a less reliable move than the physical button.

The key is to press the button with the power on, and for at least 10 seconds, until the key LEDs on the front start flashing. This is something that people sometimes overlook.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7