Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NTP Time Server not accepting changes

slor2112
Aspirant

NTP Time Server not accepting changes

Changing any of NTP services does nothing, cannot change time, cannot change time zone, cannot select NTP time server, system goes thru reboot and comes back with same things. Problem is everything that connects to that wifi (being used as a bridge right now) show the time as 5 hours later. Firmware Version V1.0.11.123_10.2.100
Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5
antinode
Guru

> [...] (being used as a bridge right now) [...]

Or, as it says on the management web page, "Operation Mode:Access
Point", meaning Wireless Access Point?

> [...] Problem is everything that connects to that wifi (being used as
> a bridge right now) show the time as 5 hours later. [...]

But the same devices when connected directly to your (unspecified)
main router get the right time?

I know nothing, but I wouldn't expect anything to be asking a
wireless access point for date+time information.  If the R7000-as-WAP
has no actual use for date+time information, then I would not be amazed
if it didn't accept parameters related to NTP or timezone.

If client devices are getting bad timezone info, then I'd be looking
for some cause other than a WAP.

Message 2 of 5
slor2112
Aspirant

Thanks for your comment...  The main router is a TP-Link AX6000 which gets its time from the gov't pool.  There are 5 devices in particular that typically would change from one wifi to the other depending on their location in the house, and yes, when they hit the TP-link, the time syncs right up.  I would havethought that it wasn't working becaus ein bridge mode, it would just pass on the information from the TPLink like it passed DHCP PPTP, and other pertinent info. 

However, it shoudl be noted that this issue persisted prior to be using it as a bridge. it was my main home router for a while...and this issue occurred while it was in router mode.

Message 3 of 5
H8tebugs
Aspirant

Hi sorry, Don't have a solution, but in as far as the inability to change the timezone; I have the same problem with my r7000p.

I had little choice but to upgrade to the latest firmware V1.3.3.142_10.1.75 Hotfix. (to address a potential circle daemon exploit).

So I wondered when you noticed this and what firmware were you on?

In my case, the router NTP timezone is 'stuck' on what I guess is the default timezone.

firefox_2021-10-29_00-06-31.png

I have tried to change it a few times. I hit 'apply', router goes through 'updating'... and when the screen reloads; nothing has changed. Same as you.

The interesting thing is that Current time being displayed is correct, even though the timezone it seems to be stuck on is 22 hours behind mine.

Reseting the router, after the firmware upgrade did not resolve the issue and my router now loses internet and reboots daily.

Just trying to determine if this hotfix while fixing a security issue; has introduced a stability one.

In anycase I intend to flash mine back to the previous version and see if the 2 issues I am having go away.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

This happens on different browsers? 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

@H8tebugs wrote:

Hi sorry, Don't have a solution, but in as far as the inability to change the timezone; I have the same problem with my r7000p.

I had little choice but to upgrade to the latest firmware V1.3.3.142_10.1.75 Hotfix. (to address a potential circle daemon exploit).

So I wondered when you noticed this and what firmware were you on?

In my case, the router NTP timezone is 'stuck' on what I guess is the default timezone.

firefox_2021-10-29_00-06-31.png

I have tried to change it a few times. I hit 'apply', router goes through 'updating'... and when the screen reloads; nothing has changed. Same as you.

The interesting thing is that Current time being displayed is correct, even though the timezone it seems to be stuck on is 22 hours behind mine.

Reseting the router, after the firmware upgrade did not resolve the issue and my router now loses internet and reboots daily.

Just trying to determine if this hotfix while fixing a security issue; has introduced a stability one.

In anycase I intend to flash mine back to the previous version and see if the 2 issues I am having go away.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7