Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Naming the Extender and Switching

adpikasey
Follower

Naming the Extender and Switching

Hi.

I have the wifi extender and set it up.  I live in a two story house and everytime I walk upstairs, I have to switch wifi's.   I currently have a modem downstairs.   Can't I just have this wifi extender be on the same internet so that I don't have to go into my phone settings each time?  This is all super frustrating and I hate switching back and forth...

Model: EX6100|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Naming the Extender and Switching

Sadly the EX6100 isn't a mesh extender. Even 1 more step up to the ex6150 would have gotten you that function. 

You can always set the ssid to be the same as the router but devices won't automatically roam like they do with mesh devices. They'll tend to be "sticky" and want to stay connected to the whatever router/extender they were connected to until the signal drops/becomes unusable. 

Message 2 of 3

Re: Naming the Extender and Switching

@adpikasey wrote:

I live in a two story house and everytime I walk upstairs, I have to switch wifi's.  

Most of the wifi clients I use can automatically connect to the best wifi source available.

I'd investigate settings on the wifi devices before worrying about the wifi source.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7