Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need Help set up Nighthawk AC2300, Model R7000P

Pat_MO
Follower

Need Help set up Nighthawk AC2300, Model R7000P

I did not use Nighthawk Router AC2300 for more than 6 mo (because I used 5G Gateway). I just start Spectrum home internet. I connect AC2300 to the Spectrum modem, I download the nighthawk app. I can access wifi on my phone (I logged in with my changed password) but I can't connect my 2 laptops to the wifi. The system didn't even ask me for the wifi password. 

When I connected the Cat-5 directly to the older laptop, I can access internet. But I can not connect the wifi to the newer laotop at all (may be 7-8 months old laptop).

I'm not techie at all.

Need Help & Advice on how to get the wifi working with this Nighthawk.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 2

Re: Need Help set up Nighthawk AC2300, Model R7000P

@Pat_MO wrote:

I just start Spectrum home internet. I connect AC2300 to the Spectrum modem, ...

Your devuce is the R7000P? (AC2300 is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.)

It might help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

@Pat_MO wrote:

I did not use Nighthawk Router AC2300 for more than 6 mo (because I used 5G Gateway).

If you are using this router with a new modem, then it can help to factory reset the router so that it forgets any settings inherited from a previous modem.

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7