Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need best recommendations for Nest Cams

Terapin11
Aspirant

Need best recommendations for Nest Cams

I currently have an Orbi Mesh set up.  My 5 Nest cams do not like it at all.  They are constantly dropping out 100+ times a day.  Nest tells me this is due to the Mesh network as the cams need to be connect to 2.4Ghz and the Orbi switches between 5Ghz and 2.4.  So I want to get rid of the Mesh system and was considering the RAX200.  My house is ~ 3500 sqaure feet over 3 floors (this includes the basement).  I have about 30 devices connected generally including 5 Nest cams (indoors and on the exterior of the house),  3 nest thermostats, 8 Nest smoke detectors, etc. 

Thoughts on replacing my current Orbi set up with the RAX200 or another recommendation?  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 3
microchip8
Master

Re: Need best recommendations for Nest Cams

I would go with the Qualcomm-based RAX120 router. Has slightly better range than the RAX200 and offers true hardware acceleration/offloading. Its firmware is also based on OpenWrt as opposed to the Broadcom mess in the RAX200.

Message 2 of 3
Terapin11
Aspirant

Re: Need best recommendations for Nest Cams

Thank you for the quick and thoughtful response.

If I were to need a range extender to add to the RAX120, what would you recommend?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7