Need help opening xbox live ports on R7500?

racingmatt73
Aspirant

Need help opening xbox live ports on R7500?

I am very confused on how to do this as this is my first netgear router . How do I open the necessary ports for Xbox live? Someone respond asap .
Message 1 of 13
rwbarrett
Aspirant

Re: Need help opening xbox live ports on R7500?

I'll ignore the rude demand at the end of your post but have you tried googling this? This link lists the ports needed for xbox live and although its not for the R7500 the interface is almost (if not) identical.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netgear/R6300v2/Xbox_Live_360.htm
Message 2 of 13
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Check this KB article on how to open ports.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24046
Message 3 of 13
cyc69
Guide

I've only had this router since Friday and I can confirm that 2 xbox 1's can connect with open nat without port forwarding, I put the routers address as dmz in my modem and used upnp on the router and let the router handle the ports. My son's are very happy with open nat on both xbox's and enjoying lag free gaming on destiny as I write this. This is the main reason for buying this router as we had have multiple issues in trying to get both of them open nat with various routers but this one handles it no problem at all, well done Netgear.
Message 4 of 13
racingmatt73
Aspirant

I'm getting random disconnections from Xbox live since the last official firmware update. Why is this happening.
Message 5 of 13
cyc69
Guide

The first thing I do if there are issues such as yours is search on Google to see if others are having the same problem, Google came up with this http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-360/networking/random-disconnect-solution and from there Xbox live pointed to this http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-live-status and I also check this site https://downdetector.co.uk/problems/xbox-live as it shows if others are having same issues and at what times they are having them. My wife had the same trouble on Friday when we first got the router with Facebook, she was looking at the router as the problem but it turned out to be issues with Facebook as I found out from the down detector site. Hope it helps
Message 6 of 13
GuardianHope
Aspirant

racingmatt73 wrote:
I'm getting random disconnections from Xbox live since the last official firmware update. Why is this happening.

You did not specify which Xbox: the Xbox 360 or the Xbox One? Xbox One requires several additional ports for proper Xbox LIVE (Open NAT) functionality.

You can find them on support.xbox.com under the Xbox One section.

If you continue to receive disconnects or don't use an Xbox One, others should be able to better assist.
Message 7 of 13
cyc69
Guide

racingmatt73 wrote:

Hi Matt,
Have you managed to resolve your xbox issues, I have taken screenshots of the settings that are working on both xbox 1 and xbox 360 for my children on both router and modem if you need them to compare.
I was just wondering what are your settings within the modem you are using as I had to adjust a few settings to start with.
Message 8 of 13
racingmatt73
Aspirant

cyc69,

I think it would it be easier for you to tell me the settings you changed on yourr7500 so I can compare it to mine.
Message 9 of 13
cyc69
Guide

Sorry for delay in posting details but was not sure if I could upload multiple images so sought mod approval,and secondly did not know how to upload multiple images from my pc,I tried attachments but this is disabled for me so I created account on image hosting site and have links to them for you.
I will have to split this over 2 postings as I am only allowed to link 10 images at a time and there are 13.

Router First:

My son plays league of legends and his fps went from 25fps to 120fps the first time he played using this router, when we are all connected it is around 70fps his lan ip is 10.0.0.9 on Router UPnP jpg the others are the xboxs.The router handles the ports I dont need to do anything.

Hope this helps and if your still stuck or are receiving strict or moderate nat on network settings in the xbox one then there is 2 things to do on the xbox that will enable open nat.

Modem Screenshots to follow.
Message 10 of 13
cyc69
Guide

Modem Screenshots:

Message 11 of 13
storm_2003
Novice

Set your modem to full bridge mode then you will be fine. Basing on the configuration you sent, you have modem which is also a router. That is why port forwarding isn't working properly.

That is an easy way I can suggest. You may contact your ISP for this configuration. Once done you need to reconfigure your Internet settings(R7500) depending on what your ISP is setup. This is if you don't need the features of your Huawei modem/router.

Question: What is your purpose of having R7500 since you already have an existing router?
Message 12 of 13
cyc69
Guide

It works fine for me storm this was to show matt the setup we use that works for us with multiple xboxs.
We have vdsl connection and was provided with home hub from isp but with this I had to dmz 1 of the xboxs. I purchased the modem and used unlocked firmware due to issues with the home hub and gaming (I found this out on a forum called kitz ) and then purchased the nighthawk due to it's claims of dynamic qos and ability to handle multiple gaming consoles.
For us the configuration of the modem is what is required for our type of connection and I have let the nighthawk detect and handle the connection to the modem and it changed home lan to the 10.0.0.255 . The xboxs worked straight away , port forwarding would be great if only 1 xbox but there are at least 6 in our house so for us this setup works fine.
Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E