Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need help picking out a new home router with wifi 6

paradeben
Follower

Need help picking out a new home router with wifi 6

Hey all, I have a Netgear nighthawk and it's been crap. I upgraded to 1gb internet and after having spectrum test the outside lines, inside limes, modem, cables, everything, problem lies with the router. I tried every online solution and even connection directly and on wifi I can't get above 400. Even downgrading the firmware. I'm done with it.

I want a new wifi 6 or wifi 6e for wifi as close to 1gbps as I can get, but I'm not sure what to get. I always Google and every article gives me different results/recommends and then when I look up those recommends, other sites, Google reviews, Amazon reviews, best buy reviews etc say different and I'm not sure what to believe.

I was thinking about getting the new eero pro 6 (getting 2 for the size of the space) since I heard nothing but great things (and they are on sale), but wanted to ask on here.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Need help picking out a new home router with wifi 6

So what NG router model do you have? Some routers may not be able to support 1Gb. Especially on Wifi. Ethernet should see near 900Mpbs speeds if done right and router is supporting of 1Gb WAN and LAN ports.

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Need help picking out a new home router with wifi 6

I've heard good things about the eero's except that it ties you into amazon as they own it. 

If you're wanting decent reviews, the site dongknows . com does a great job of going over devices. I used to go to smallnetbuilder but the site owner hasn't been as active lately

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7