Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Need to connect my NVR for security cameras

MR60
Aspirant

Need to connect my NVR for security cameras

Hello everyone,

I need a hardwired port to connect my security camera system to and to enable port forwarding.  I hve the MR60 system and can't figure out where to get a "normal" RJ-45 port.  I've tried connecting a switch between my PC and the MR60, but the MR60 doesn't see my NVR nor can I DMZ the NVR's static IP inside of the MR60.  Any help would be appreciated.

Regards from the old man,,,,,,,

Message 1 of 4

Re: Need to connect my NVR for security cameras

@MR60 wrote:

I've tried connecting a switch between my PC and the MR60, but the MR60 doesn't see my NVR nor can I DMZ the NVR's static IP inside of the MR60. 

What sits in front of the MR60? A modem of some sort?

NVR? Google isn't much help with telling me what that is. Bit of hardware?

@MR60 wrote:

I hve the MR60 system ....

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Nighthawk Mesh System - NETGEAR Communities

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 4
MR60
Aspirant

Cable modem without any RJ45 ports sits in front.

NVR= network video recorder. A device that records my network cameras locally and then mirrors the same video to another site.

I tried the downloads and searched for about 45 minutes before I created this account. I really appreciate the help. All I need to do is to be able to plug a hardwired device in and then do some firewall / port forwarding. If all else fails I'll just DMZ the one local static IP, but I can't find this area of programming. Thanks against from the old man....
Message 3 of 4

@MR60 wrote:
Cable modem without any RJ45 ports sits in front.

A model number still helps. I have a Netgear modem without any RJ45 ports, but it can also do router stuff. And that can make life interesting. Hence the question.

@MR60 wrote:

NVR= network video recorder. A device that records my network cameras locally and then mirrors the same video to another site.

And that device is?

I'd lay money on there being more than one of those and that they work in different ways.

If you know what it is, there is a chance that someone has come along here before with a similar question. Searching the community for that device may well offer some clues.

Then there is the point about the appropriate bit of this community.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7