Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear 7500v2 WAN port LED blinking AMBER but everything seems fine

fmiranda
Aspirant

Netgear 7500v2 WAN port LED blinking AMBER but everything seems fine

Hello,

I have a Netgear 7500V2 router, it always worked normally but lately the WAN port ( the Internet port) is blinking Amber.

I can test Internet speeds and I get 920Mpbs down and 900Mbps up - so there is no 100Mbps limitation as most posts say. 

Not sure why it decided to show the Amber color - it was always a while LED just like the other ones. 

I'm using firmware V1.0.3.40 (latest) 

Any suggestions?

Model: R7500v2|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
fmiranda
Aspirant

I just did a Hardware reset - used the backup file and everything seems to be working fine.

The WAN(Internet) LED is blinking white (as all other LEDs on the router) - All my network is Gigabit including the Internet access.

I basically connect the Gigabit Modem/Router from AT&T to may Netgear WAN port - then connect my Network Switch to one of the Ports in my Netgear router. 

The 7500v2 had a much better coverage then the 7800 and the Asus RT-88U - I love this router! I wish we could have that same level of WIFI coverage + Port Aggregation + Port Mirroring in a recent version of this router and none of that other bunch of BS that they are usually coming with. 

Anyway, thanks 🙂 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Here is what the user manual has listed 

Solid white. The Internet connection is ready.

• Solid amber. The router detected an Ethernet cable connection to the modem.

• Off. No Ethernet cable is connected between the router and the modem.

I'm guessing its just a small bug if you are seeing no performance issues.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
fmiranda
Aspirant

I just did a Hardware reset - used the backup file and everything seems to be working fine.

The WAN(Internet) LED is blinking white (as all other LEDs on the router) - All my network is Gigabit including the Internet access.

I basically connect the Gigabit Modem/Router from AT&T to may Netgear WAN port - then connect my Network Switch to one of the Ports in my Netgear router. 

The 7500v2 had a much better coverage then the 7800 and the Asus RT-88U - I love this router! I wish we could have that same level of WIFI coverage + Port Aggregation + Port Mirroring in a recent version of this router and none of that other bunch of BS that they are usually coming with. 

Anyway, thanks 🙂 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7