Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear AC 1750 not letting apple devices connect to wifi

newyorka
Follower

Netgear AC 1750 not letting apple devices connect to wifi

Hello there, I bought an AC1750 WiFi router a month ago. I followed all steps to connect it, but I'm having some issues, from not letting my iPhone 8+ and Mac Air connect to the internet to my internet on my windows computer being slow. I also have a wave modem (Arris sufboard SB 6190). I reset my network settings on the Apple devices, and I also turned off and unplugged my modem, router, and computer and turned everything back on, it solved the problem for a day or so, but it came back again. Can someone help me please?

Thanks

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Netgear AC 1750 not letting apple devices connect to wifi

@newyorka wrote:

Hello there, I bought an AC1750 WiFi router a month ago.

AC1750 is not a reliable guide to model number. Many devices come with an AC tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

@newyorka wrote:

I followed all steps to connect it, but I'm having some issues, from not letting my iPhone 8+ and Mac Air connect to the internet to my internet on my windows computer being slow.

Hard to tell what you did, "all steps" could mean anything. But previous discussions of this sort of thing point the finger at the wifi clients (your Apple stuff) rather than the router, which has no way of knowing what you are trying to connect to it, and does not have a vendetta against Apple kit. Apple does have a habit of implementing "security" measures that screw up connections

Do other things connect as expected?

What firmware version do you have on the unknown AC1750 device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7