Netgear AC1750 R6400v2 keeps restarting

aswa
Follower

Netgear AC1750 R6400v2 keeps restarting

Hi

Been using the Netgear AC 1750 Smart Wifi Router R6400v2 for almost 2 years now. It recently started auto-restarting atleast 2-3 times a day. So I tried to do firmware update. Post that, it keeps restarting every 30 second or so. It restarts and once all lights are white, it restarts again. I can't even stay connceted long enough to see if the firmware update was completed / is upto date. Please help. 

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
EricD921
Aspirant

Re: Netgear AC1750 R6400v2 keeps restarting

I’ve got the exact same model and it’s started rebooting itself recently, too. Latest firmware is installed. Did a factory reset, didn’t help. Power supply is in working order. I think my problem might be on the 2.4g side, and I think that my wife’s iPhone may be causing it to reset when it connects. I also have a laptop computer that will only recognize the 2.4g side, and it also seems to reboot when I connect with the laptop. Tried troubleshooting everything and can’t seem to figure it out. Hate to have to go out and buy a new router. This one has been awesome for about a year and now it’s starting to be a real problem. Any help is appreciated.
Message 2 of 6
DarrenM
NETGEAR Moderator

Have you tried to factory reset the router?

DarrenM

Message 3 of 6
MarkD123
Aspirant

Was this issue resovled I have the same issue.

Message 4 of 6
MarkD123
Aspirant

I can say I did a factory reset and rolled back to older firmware.  It just started to happen.

Message 5 of 6
Cbert
Aspirant

Keeps rebooting. Reset did not work. Not stable long enough to do a firmware update. Gave up, straight to the trashcan. Done with Netgear.
Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements