Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear AC1750 won't connect

ilircepani
Aspirant

Netgear AC1750 won't connect

I have internet through an Arris Modem (renting) through Xfiniti (the internet provider). I bought the Netgear AC1750 (Nighthawk), and went through all the app steps, and was on the phone directly with Xfinity to try having the Nighthawk router to connect to the internet, and it won't. We did the IP address, and bridge connection, all not connecting the router.

The internet light has never turned white/blue, always stays dark orange. Xfinitiy technicians on the phone said that this should be a problem in Netgears end. They said there could be a compatibility or firewall problem, that you guys need to fix in your end in order for this router to start working. Please I need help asap.   

Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

What arris modem is it? 

What router did you buy? (ac1750 is a speed)

What firmware is on the router? 

Message 2 of 7
ilircepani
Aspirant

Arris Modem is TG1682G

Netgear R6400v2

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

the TG1682g is a modem/router/phone device. it puts you in a double nat.

After putting it in bridge mode, after the reboot, power it off and disconnect all devices from it even the coax. 

The connect coax back to it, power it on and give it a couple minutes. 

Then connect the router and only the router to it. power the router on. give it a couple minutes. 

Make sure you only connect the router to it. Comcast only gives out 1 public ip address and when the TG1682g is in bridge mode, it can only have 1 device connected to it. 

Message 4 of 7
ilircepani
Aspirant

Arris Modem is TG1682G

Netgear R6400v2

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 5 of 7
ilircepani
Aspirant

Nothing again...

Durign the setup I put the blue cable of internet in Port1 and the ethernet cable in WAN of the router to one of the moded ethernet ports) and the Internet light of the router stays orange color, and the nighthawk app still says no internet.

Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

You can try putting the Arris back in router mode and the netgear in access point mode. 

thats another option. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7