ronJ7
Follower

Netgear AC1900 stream problem

Hi all,

We need to stream live screen from IP output with  QAM modulator via coax to TVset, I use h.264 encoding (1080p@60 resolution) and QAM 256 modulation. We tried it with Netgear AC1900 wireless router gives 1080i@30 maximum - If I set higher resolution, framerate drops and screen goes black. Why? Did anyone have similar experience with AC1900 smart Dual-Band Gigabit Router ?

Any suggestions/recommendations much appreciated.

Ron

Model: AC1450|Gigabit Smart WiFi router
Message 1 of 4

Re: Netgear AC1900 stream problem

For the benefit of anyone who can help ronJ7, this question seems to be about the R7000. (There is no such thing as an AC1450 or AC1900, that's a wifi standard.)

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The router should be able to stream higher than 1080p. 

Perhaps, this is a limitation on the client device that you have. 

By the way, will you experience the same problem using a different router? 

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@ronJ7 wrote:

We need to stream live screen from IP output with  QAM modulator via coax to TVset, I use h.264 encoding (1080p@60 resolution) and QAM 256 modulation. We tried it with Netgear AC1900 wireless router gives 1080i@30 maximum - If I set higher resolution, framerate drops and screen goes black. Why? Did anyone have similar experience with AC1900 smart Dual-Band Gigabit Router ?

Any suggestions/recommendations much appreciated.

Ron

If you are streaming through the modulator's IP port, then the QAM mode isn't relevant - that is only used when you are sending the stream out the RF out port.

I'm not seeing  much information on the 1080p@60 encoding mode here: http://questtel.com/pdf/B-QAM-HDMI-IP-2CH.pdf  ATSC bitrates can go pretty high. What bit rate are you streaming at? 

Are you able to receive the stream on a wired connection?

Also, what wifi band were you using - 2.4 ghz or 5 ghz?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements