Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear AC7000P I have Netgear Armour and I was wondering if it works when you’re not at home

Jackie71
Aspirant

Netgear AC7000P I have Netgear Armour and I was wondering if it works when you’re not at home

I added Netgear Armour to my Nighthawk Router and I was wondering, does it help you when you're away from home?  Seems to work great at home, but before I start paying for it, I need to know if it works while you're away.  Thanks

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
labatt
Mentor

Re: Netgear AC7000P I have Netgear Armour and I was wondering if it works when you’re not at home

Yes Bitdefender protects when not home. It runs on the individual device and could care less about Armour running on the router. Armour is sitting on router looking at the traffic coming in and out, BUT that is only when you are connected to your network. Therefore the reason for Bitdefender on devices for security when not on your network. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
labatt
Mentor

Re: Netgear AC7000P I have Netgear Armour and I was wondering if it works when you’re not at home

It is running on the router so it will only protect when you are connected. If you do install Armor watch closely on your Internet speeds as there are lots of reports of Armor slowing down Internet speeds. 

However, subscribing to Armor also gives you a subscription to Bitdefender for installing on your individual devices. So if you have that installed on devices then you are still protected. 

I have been very happy with Bitdefender. Some folks claim that Bitdefender on their Windows PC slows it down. I do not experience that. There is bound to be a small delay as Bitdefender is inspecting traffic. Do not have a router that supports Armor. 

Message 2 of 5
Jackie71
Aspirant

Will bitfinder cover you away from home?  Because I understand when you pay for Netgear armor, thats when they use..thank you for all of your help!  71 and not very sure what to use on my iPads, Mac and iPhones but would like something good that even works away from home.

Message 3 of 5
labatt
Mentor

Yes Bitdefender protects when not home. It runs on the individual device and could care less about Armour running on the router. Armour is sitting on router looking at the traffic coming in and out, BUT that is only when you are connected to your network. Therefore the reason for Bitdefender on devices for security when not on your network. 

Message 4 of 5
Jackie71
Aspirant

Oh wow...thank you very much!!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7