Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear AC750 Wifi Router Factory password not working

Paulardin
Aspirant

Netgear AC750 Wifi Router Factory password not working

I just brought a new ac750 WIFI router. I invested over two hours trying to get the router to work - with no success. It keep saying the password was wrong. Tried everything, inclduing thr reset button on the back. Nothing worked. Instructions with the kit were shocking & no help at all. Back using the old router - taking the Netgear one back to the shop tomorrow for a refund.  Overall a really sad experince (Why do tech companys make things so hard for people like me who are not IT experts).

Model: EX3110|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3

Re: Netgear AC750 Wifi Router Factory password not working

@Paulardin wrote:

I just brought a new ac750 WIFI router.

What device is this? You say you have bought a router, but the EX3110 in your footer is a wifi extender.

@Paulardin wrote:

It keep saying the password was wrong.

What were you doing when you got this message. Unfortunately, "tried everything" isn't much to go on. It helps to have a step by step account of what you were doing and where it went wrong.

@Paulardin wrote:

Instructions with the kit were shocking & no help at all.

They try dumbing these things down to make life "simple". For more detailed instructions go get the full manual.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

That page will also have any software, firmware and drivers for your device, if they exist.

Look for the model number on the label on the device.

Begin with the Quick Start/Installation Guide. Then move on to the manual if you need more help.

There may also be some helpful videos on what to do.

You may have done that already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear gave up on supplying paper manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 3
Paulardin
Aspirant

Re: Netgear AC750 Wifi Router Factory password not working

Thanks very much for your comment.  Given the whole experince was so poor, password would not work at all and all the reset advice failed we got a refund and brought another brand. This one plugged in, password all worked straight away - all simple & easy. Real shame the Netgear experince with the AC750 wifi router 6020 was so disappointing. Enjoy your weekend

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7