Apprentice

Netgear Announces New Nighthawk X4 R7500 Smart WiFi Router

NETGEAR, Inc., a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers, is launching the Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi Router (R7500), an addition to its award-winning Nighthawk family of 802.11ac routers. The Nighthawk X4 WiFi Gigabit Router with support for Quad-stream WiFi Architecture delivers the fastest dual-band 802.11ac speed and performance for high intensity gaming, streaming and mobile connectivity.

The Nighthawk X4 is capable of a blistering 2.33 Gbps combined network speed (up to 1733 Mbps* on the 5.0 GHz band + 600 Mbps* on the 2.4 GHz band). It has a powerful 1.4 GHz dual core processor, based on the Qualcomm Internet Processor, that provides unprecedented processing power to enable better multi-tasking performance. The X4 is also powered by the Quantenna 802.11ac Wave 2, 4x4, MU-MIMO (Multi-User MIMO) WiFi solution to maximize wireless performance.
Nighthawk AX12[RAX120]
Nighthawk X10[R9000]
Message 1 of 29

Re: Netgear Announces New Nighthawk X4 R7500 Smart WiFi Router

Yup.. this was announced back in June, IIRC.

Here's the associated product page:

http://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-routers/R7500.aspx
~ Shadowlore
Message 2 of 29
Apprentice

What's the major difference in between X4 and X6?
1.$20
2.Two less Antenna: mad:
3.1.4Ghz Dual Core Processor vs. 1Ghz Dual Core Processor Smiley Very Happy
4.Dual Band vs. Tri-Band Smiley Sad
5. Wave 2 WiFi :confused:
6.2 x USB 3.0 and eSATA vs.1xUSB 3.0 Smiley Very Happy
Nighthawk AX12[RAX120]
Nighthawk X10[R9000]
Message 3 of 29
Aspirant

Don't forget the X6 has three offload processors...whatever that means. Smiley Happy

Don't know what Wave 2 is...:eek:
Message 4 of 29
Apprentice

According to Cnet review :
The Good/ The Netgear Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart Wi-Fi R7500 Router has powerful hardware, great Wi-Fi range, and a helpful QoS feature. When hosting a storage device, it becomes a robust home NAS server.

The Bad/ The router's Wi-Fi performance is significantly slower than its competitor, and its sluggish interface lacks in-depth customization and is bloated with too many menu items. The price is way too high for what the router has to offer.

The Bottom Line/ Despite its powerful hardware, the Netgear Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart Wi-Fi R7500 Router doesn't have the performance and features to justify its premium price tag.
Nighthawk AX12[RAX120]
Nighthawk X10[R9000]
Message 5 of 29
Aspirant

Performance may be corrected with firmware updates as seen with the X6.
Message 6 of 29
Aspirant

Redtulips7,

Forget about Cnet and what they say. I wouldn't take their review to sway my decision.

CC
Message 7 of 29
Apprentice

You don't but I care....:mad:
Nighthawk AX12[RAX120]
Nighthawk X10[R9000]
Message 8 of 29
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Bob Silver a NETGEAR Networking Consultant has written a review of the Nighthawk x4 which might help you decide if it is the right router for you: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-networking-media-servers-content-streaming/1669586-netgear-nighthaw...
Message 9 of 29
Aspirant

I can tell you on the Asus ac87 testing they did not disable the USB 3.0 interference option thus yielding in reality USB 2.0 results. Keep believing.....

CC
Message 10 of 29
Aspirant

Message 11 of 29
Apprentice

I didn't find anything interesting there or nothing new that I haven't read already!!!:confused:
Nighthawk AX12[RAX120]
Nighthawk X10[R9000]
Message 12 of 29
Apprentice

Asus 2400 is two times faster than NG 2350 and has way better GUI
Nighthawk AX12[RAX120]
Nighthawk X10[R9000]
Message 13 of 29
Aspirant

Message 14 of 29
Apprentice

Why the hell Netgear Link speed 40% less than Asus 2400?Why R7000 still way faster than R8000 as well as R7500?Why Netgear GUI does not look like Asus?
Nighthawk AX12[RAX120]
Nighthawk X10[R9000]
Message 15 of 29
Virtuoso

Redtulips7 wrote:
Why Netgear GUI does not look like Asus?

Probably for similar reasons why my Toyota Avensis doesn’t look like a VW Golf.

Not sure what point you are trying to make there?
Message 16 of 29
Master

Hi,
I replaced R7000 with R7500 after returning R8000. Dynamic QOS works very well all by itself when enabled. This is coming from Big Foot Killer streamboost engine I believe.
R8000 to me was a R7000 with another 5GHz radio. Funny, radio 1 using lower half of 5GHz frequency spectrum gives out lower signal level than radio 2. I think it is caused by
antenna tuned frequency. It is known higher channels put out better signals. Even mentioned in the router manual recommending to use higher channels.. Having USB, eSATA ports on either side for easier access, WiFi, WPS switch in the front is a good thing. For me it is R7500 for now.
Message 17 of 29
Apprentice

How did you compare R7000 with R7500?What make you think it's better than R7000?:confused:
Nighthawk AX12[RAX120]
Nighthawk X10[R9000]
Message 18 of 29
Apprentice

Mars Mug,

Why delete Pcworld review?So NG is like VW?::mad::confused:Smiley Sad
Nighthawk AX12[RAX120]
Nighthawk X10[R9000]
Message 19 of 29
Master

Hi,
Compared to R7000 cpu oc'd to 1.4GHz this router is faster.
In anticipation, has more powerful cpu and MU-MIMO ready.
I love to play with new toys when I get them free, LOL!! It took
me 3 days QOS tweaking on R7000, on R7500 just enable
Dynamic QOS and run all the devices doing usual things, it's done. Both signal levels are ~4dbm better after tweaking antenna orientation on my set up. R7000 is given away now.
Message 20 of 29
Virtuoso

Redtulips7 wrote:
Why delete Pcworld review?So NG is like VW?::mad::confused:Smiley Sad

A. You are assuming I deleted the post, there are several moderators on these forums capable of deleting posts/threads, but in this case I did.
B. The link you provided in the post that was removed is identical to the link in post #14, and the text was pretty much the same, i.e. I treated it as a duplicate post.
C. You ask why the Netgear GUI does not look like the Asus, please explain why you expect the GUI from different manufacturers to look alike?
Message 21 of 29
Aspirant

Found an article about Nighthawk X4 may be best choice for streaming 4K content

http://www.soundandvision.com/content/netgear%E2%80%99s-nighthawk-x4-router-may-be-best-choice-strea...
Message 22 of 29
Apprentice

Mars Mug wrote:
A. You are assuming I deleted the post, there are several moderators on these forums capable of deleting posts/threads, but in this case I did.
B. The link you provided in the post that was removed is identical to the link in post #14, and the text was pretty much the same, i.e. I treated it as a duplicate post.
C. You ask why the Netgear GUI does not look like the Asus, please explain why you expect the GUI from different manufacturers to look alike?

B. Not really
C.ASUS has robust and easy-to-use interface,Measured by breadth of features, no other router manufacturer comes close to what Asus offers!Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy
Nighthawk AX12[RAX120]
Nighthawk X10[R9000]
Message 23 of 29
Apprentice

I am really convincing myself to buy this Router but is it better than my R7000?I guess not! all the reviews prove that R7000 still the King, still it is better than R8000 as well as R7500..........:confused::confused::confused:
Nighthawk AX12[RAX120]
Nighthawk X10[R9000]
Message 24 of 29
Virtuoso

Redtulips7 wrote:
B. Not really
C.ASUS has robust and easy-to-use interface,Measured by breadth of features, no other router manufacturer comes close to what Asus offers!Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

B. the link was identical, the text of you post paraphrased the link (it was the link title), the post was effectively identical to the previous post. So no 'not really' about it.
C. perhaps there's a translation/language issues here, but your brief description above goes well beyond your initial cytpic comment of "Why Netgear GUI does not look like Asus?".
Message 25 of 29
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 28 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements