Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear C7800 original firmware

adubkov
Aspirant

Netgear C7800 original firmware

Hi,

I'm looking for original firmware for C7800 Nighthawk X4S. There were vulnerability detected which my modem potentially could be affected. It does not boot with kernel panic when trying to load some module. I tried to boot with both flash0.kernel0 and kernel1, with same results, means both of them could be correpted. The only way to fix it is to upload original firmware and let comcast update it, but I can not download original firmware from netgear web side because it says that IPS will take care of firmware update. 

I'm not asking about firmware update. But can any of netgear employees share original firmware?

Thank you.

Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Netgear C7800 original firmware

@adubkov wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for original firmware for C7800 Nighthawk X4S.

Forget it.

What’s the latest firmware version of my NETGEAR cable modem or modem router? | Answer | NETGEAR Sup...

If your firmware is outdated, you cannot manually upgrade your cable modem’s or modem router’s firmware. You must contact your Internet service provider (ISP) to upgrade your firmware.

I'd investigate this:

@adubkov wrote:

There were vulnerability detected which my modem potentially could be affected. It does not boot with kernel panic when trying to load some module.

Talk to your ISP, or look elsewhere for advice. There's not much that Netgear can do, thanks to the way in which ISPs block anyone else from changing firmware.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7