Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Cable Modem not getting full 1Gbps Speeds through Xfinity

JRiley9898
Aspirant

Netgear Cable Modem not getting full 1Gbps Speeds through Xfinity

Hello I recently upgraded my Xfinity plan to there 1Gbps speeds since my modem on the box States that it can support up to 1.9Gbps speeds just to find out it's not putting out the full speeds. I've ran multiple speed tests and it shows I'm only getting about 450 download & 3.45 upload. I'm trying my best to avoid getting another modem considering I've recently purchased this one a few months ago.
Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 12
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear Cable Modem not getting full 1Gbps Speeds through Xfinity

Xfinity requires a docsis 3.1 modem for gigabit speeds. The C7000 is only docsis 3.0. So you won't hit gigabit speeds on it. 

the AC1900 are wireless specs and not the modems specs. 

Message 2 of 12
JRiley9898
Aspirant

Is there anything I can do to at least increase my upload without having to change out my equipment?
Message 3 of 12
plemans
Guru

You should be able to get faster uploads. When I was using the c7000, I was hitting 30mbps upload on xfinity. 

Do you have a screen snip of your cable connections page? 

you might also check with xfinity about getting it provisioned with a lower tiered speed like their 400/600mbps plan. 

Message 4 of 12
JRiley9898
Aspirant

Message 5 of 12
JRiley9898
Aspirant

Message 6 of 12
plemans
Guru

photos have to be approved by a moderator. so it can take a while. Your link I can view but it doesn't have all your info. Do you have the rest of it? 

Your initial power levels are quite high. 

Message 7 of 12
JRiley9898
Aspirant

I think I attached two seperate file links of the cable connection page overview.

Message 8 of 12
plemans
Guru

Your power levels are just a little high. You could try adding in an attenuator or even just a double/triple splitter and it'd get your power levels down a bit. But your upload should still be faster. did you try having them reprovision the c7000? 

Message 9 of 12
JRiley9898
Aspirant

They told me that they provisioned the bootup file to their 1Gbps file but even then I'm still not getting nearly what they advertise for upload on there 1Gbps plan. Should I have them do something else on there end?
Message 10 of 12
JRiley9898
Aspirant

As an update, I contacted Xfinity told them to downgrade to there 600 Mbps package since my modems unable to do 1Gbps, my download has improved but my uploads are still the same at around 3.5 when I should be getting 15-20 according to the tech. Not sure why my uploads are still pretty bad.

Message 11 of 12
plemans
Guru

did you try adding in a splitter/attenuator? 

Your signal is coming in a bit hot. it could help

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7