Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Genie Page Very Slow

jcman01
Aspirant

Netgear Genie Page Very Slow

I have a Nighthawk X6 R8000 router.  Lately, when I've gone on to the router admin page, it is very slow to respond, and takes forever to load pages.  I have reset it multiple times, and have always kept the firmware up-to-date.  The current version is V1.0.3.26_1.1.18.

The actual internet speed, and local network speeds, seem normal.  So, it seems like the problem is limited to the admin pages.  I have the same slow performance with Chrome, FF, and Safari.

Beyond resetting and firmware updates, what can I do to restore it to its baseline performance?   Thanks.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: Netgear Genie Page Very Slow

Hi jcman01,

Try the new firmware below.

http://kb.netgear.com/000036746/R8000-Firmware-Version-1-0-3-32

Use as well a different computer to access the UI.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi jcman01,

Try reloading the firmware manually and reset the router.

Message 2 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi jcman01,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Message 3 of 6
jcman01
Aspirant

It has taken me a while to do this, because I really don't have time to troubleshoot your products.  I downloaded the .chk file to my Mac, which is connected to the router via an ethernet cable.  I loaded it, and the router rebooted.  Switching between the various menu items still takes around 60 seconds.   

What's next?  I paid over $200 for this router about 14 months ago.  It should perform better. 

Message 4 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi jcman01,

Try the new firmware below.

http://kb.netgear.com/000036746/R8000-Firmware-Version-1-0-3-32

Use as well a different computer to access the UI.

Message 5 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi jcman01,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7