Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Genie for Windows 10

imadfaruqi
Follower

Netgear Genie for Windows 10

Hi All,

I need to Netgear Genie for Windows 10 .

Can you please let me know on netgear website wherein i can download Genie.

Thanks,

Imad

Model: C6250|AC1600 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 6
ldlehrer9
Aspirant

I bought a new computer and I need to download the Netgear Genie for my router

I bought a new computer and I need to download the Netgear Genie for my Windows 10 computer, since I have a Netgear router. 

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 6
Kitsap
Master

Re: I bought a new computer and I need to download the Netgear Genie for my router

There is no such thing as a Netgear Genie application for Windows 10.

You can go to the top of this page and download the manual for your specific model of router (Downloads).  Read the instructions for configuration.  You connect to the router configuration pages via a computer using a web browser application (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc.).  Your chance of success is significantly higher if your connection between the computer and your router is via direct ethernet cable.  Avoid attempting to configure via a Wi-Fi connection.

Message 3 of 6
microchip8
Master

Re: I bought a new computer and I need to download the Netgear Genie for my router

Don't use crappy apps. A simple browser and the router's Web UI at http://192.168.1.1 is more than enough

Message 4 of 6

Netgear is trying to kill the genie. It has broken some of the key links to it.

First look on the support pages for your device:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the downloads for your hardware.

That page will also have any software, firmware and drivers for your device, if they exist.

If that fails, the last sighting of the genie that worked was here:

genie Landing Page | Apps | Discover | Home | NETGEAR

The genie is a valuable addition to the toolkit that does things that are more complicated, or even impossible, with the browser graphical user interface (GUI). (Try creating a "map" of your powerline devices in the GUI.) It is a shame that Netgear tries to force us all to use its hopeless mobile apps.

Message 5 of 6

@Kitsap wrote:

There is no such thing as a Netgear Genie application for Windows 10.

Not quite the whole story.

Re: I bought a new computer and I need to download... - NETGEAR Communities

I use the Windows application pretty well every day.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7